mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Enduro Fork - Marzocchi MXC Query?

I have a 2002 Enduro FSR with the MXC Air forks, I got this recently after speaking to a colleague at work who new someone who never used theirs, yes it's a post recall one so no problems there, but the fork seems to squeak and squelch when riding and when you push on it stationary, is this normal, or can you do anything to get rid of this - it's a bit irritating when riding and the noisiest fork I've ever had??!

Holds air, no oil leaks, no wear, works fine - just damn noisy

Thought this would be the best place to ask as it's a Specialized and maybe others have owned one, if you think this would better in the 'lets talk about shocks' forum, just say?

Cheers

mtbr member
    I bought one aftermarket, and it did squeek an squalch w/o any funtional issues. I also had a marathon SL which didnt have the squeek, but did have thw squalch. I think the diffs in squeeks are from diff dampers and the same squalch is from the sharing of the open bath design.

wayne
    89 Univega HT -???-
    92 Specd SJ HT M2 -stolen-
    92 Specd SJ HT M2 -sold-
    94 Specd SJ HT M2 -sold-
    97 Klien Mantra -sold-
    01 Specd enduro FSR
    02 Specd enduro FSR -sold-
    04 Specd stumpjumper FSR
    05 Specd enduro FSR Sworks

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks wayne, does sound like the oil going through something, but like it's being restricted too much and mixed with air - if that makes sense? Maybe it's something to do with the air spring too, my old Z1 BAMS hardly make any noise, so I keep thinking somethings wrong when I ride and hear the MXC's squelching away .... ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Servcie the fork....

do a complete oil chainge and cleaning and lube. The squishing sound is the oil moving through the damper and you can't get rid of that. It's the nature of the beast. But the sqeaking is probably dry seals and/or dust wipers. So do a complete service to the fork. I doubt that it has probably ever been done so it couldn't hurt. I doubt that the squish will go away, but the squeak should.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"