mtbr member

Enduro expet `06 size quizz....

Hi guys

I stopped riding almost 3 years ago, lack of time and health issues...anyway i want to return now, still i dont want to spend a lot of money so i`ve decided i`ll buy a used bike. I have found 3 or 4 that nailed my attention, but my favourite is the Enduro Expert with Fox 36 and dhx, silver grey (wich i like it a lot) etc...it sure looks nice, the previous owner took good care of it...so it seems. i did ride it for a minute on the parking lot, it`s hard to figure how the bike will feel at the trails, and climbing; i`m not sure if it`s the right size for me; the frame is (S)mall and i`m 5.5 /5.6 ( 1,70 mt) foot, sorry i`m from Europe so i`m not sure about the conversion. I have to decide until saturday cause there are more guys interested in it, so...i would appreciate any feedback from you. Thx for reading.

Waiting for peace
    I would think that you'll find the Small to be just about right. I don't know what you morphology is but if you fall into the median range like most the small should fit fine. It does come with 170mm cranks and a 60mm stem so there is some room to move things around if you feel the desire!

I say go for it, it's a great riding bike, very intuitive in the woods but it might not climb the greatest if you are leaning towards the 190lbs (or above) weight class....

That being said: it's a great, solid well sorted out bike that can do everything well!

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Thx for replying mate. yeah, i think i`m a "normal" guy, but i`m right at the middle between S and M...i started riding in 2002 with a GT bike, XC rides mostly, with a M frame and it felt good, then swapped to more hardcore stuff with a Banshee Chaparral S and it was perfect, finally i had a Banshee Pyre M and it felt good too, although i missed some agility at faster singletracks. I am leaning towards this Enduro; what i like is fast singletracks, rock gardens, technical descents and some drops and jumps, not huge though, say 5 feet is ( was some years ago) my personnal limit; still to do this i have to climb to get there....not too worried, i am very athletic, 3 times a week i go to the gym, liftweight and cardio, i`m 163 lbs atm. I just have to be sure i can raise the saddle tube so i can pedal and feel confortable on it, if the saddle is lower than the handlebars ět wont be nice....tomorow i`ll check the bike again and i have to make a bloody decision...so i can sleep again, lol.

Waiting for peace
    I think I would still go with the small..... I'm 6'2" and have short arms so I don't fit on a large because they are longer than other bikes the same size... I love the medium but you would think that I would be cramped... nope... fits like a glove!

mtbr member
    Enduro frames run bigger than most XC/Trail bike frames. I'm 5' 10 and I'm right on the border of a Medium/Large when it comes to a Stumpjumper, but for an Enduro a medium is perfect. I have a friend with an XL Stumpy and he rides a Large Enduro due to the longer frame of the Enduro.

I think a Small enduro would be perfect for anyone under 5'8 unless you have freakish long arms.

mtbr member
    Well...i bought it, just need a new saddle and it`s ready to go; i`ll post a pic later. Wish me luck fellas, i am back to mountain bike and very happy about it

NoVA MTBer
    Apr 2010
    Congrats on the new ride. A bit late but i was in the same boat a while back and decided to go with a small as well. I feel more comfortable with a smaller bike under me. It's easier to toss around and maneuver through the more technical stuff.

mtbr member
    Here it is:

As i said the saddle will go...about the stern....it looks too long, i have to go to the trails to check it wisely though....can`t believe i still have to wait an entire week....

Gotta change that avatar now....