mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Enduro 29 carbon / s works release date?

Just curious if anyone knows when the enduro carbon and s works bikes will be available in the states? I know they are available in Germany now.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    My LBS is getting an s works enduro 29 on June 13.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    wow that's soon. Thanks. After making this thread I saw that someone already started this conversation. Sorry

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Mines on order and was said to be here in mid/early June.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by redii View Post
    Mines on order and was said to be here in mid/early June.
    Where do you live because they have not even released frame colors and my dealer cant even put an order in for one yet.?.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJobe View Post
    Where do you live because they have not even released frame colors and my dealer cant even put an order in for one yet.?.
    I live in Fresno, CA. My dealer assures me it's order and on it's way for delivery within 30 days. That was week before last.

mtbr member

I live in Fresno, CA. My dealer assures me it's order and on it's way for delivery within 30 days. That was week before last.
    Really? Please provide a link to the 29 S-Works Enduro on the USA Specialized site. Not the 26, the 29. I'll wait.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I'm not the Specialized webmaster you immature punk. I'll post a pic of my bike or my cancelled order if my LBS is lying after mid-June.

mtbr member
    Expert Carbon is on the website now.

Specialized Bicycle Components

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Redi, any chance you could ask your dealer about the frame only option for the sworks 29 enduro? I'm curious about that release date.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Redii I hope you are right, I asked my bike shop and they were saying July 13th, I hope they get them June 13th

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Specialized has s works enduro 29 on their web site now:

Specialized Bicycle Components

Does anyone know if the fork will be the new 2014 talas with improved trail tune, more resistant to fork diving under hard braking, and better function in reduced travel mode? It seems like it would be based on the release timing of the bike. I don't think the 120/150 mm travel was available in 2013, either.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I really hope they will make the red and black also! I like the black and white (I have a 13 fsr sj comp carbon) but perfer the red and black!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I was told that it's only the black and white.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I prefer the red and black also.

mtbr member
    My LBS got an s-works enduro 29er in tuesday and a buddy of mine bought it on Friday then raced it on Saturday in the Echo Valley 60 miler. Im waiting to hear is thoughts and the comparison to the 26" 2013 s-works enduro he sold to buy it. He did say it weighed 29.5 lbs (large frame) with XT trail pedals and it has the command post ir. It is exactly 1 lb heavier than his 26" version, but he hasnt gone tubeless yet on the 29er.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    That's great news! That means mine should be here any day. My LBS said mid-June for mine and I've been cautiously optimistic.

I'm really looking forward to here his thoughts on the bike. I'm trying not to lose sleep over it while waiting. The net is just completely devoid of new info outside of the recent full review posted above. That review came across so different than the original VitalMTB review which seemed to basically be a paid advert by $.

I'll post my experiences when I get mine. My LBS said mine should be first in California. Where does your friend live?

mtbr member
    Renton, Washington. Our LBS is Center Cycle, which is the largest single store specialized dealer in the west. They tend to get bikes in the first batch, and it would surprise me if they had 1 or two more in stock. I havent been there in a week or so.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Interesting. Specialized hasn't put it on their US website yet. Amazing that specific shops in the US are already getting in bikes when my shop is being told October for a release date? It is what it is, and I understand that certain parts of the country will have first dibs, I would just prefer if specialized would tell my shop the truth and say the first batch is already spoken for. They won't even allow my shop to put in an order yet. . Looking forward though to ride reviews. For those of you living in the right parts of the country that can enjoy them for this summer's riding season, ride extra hard for those of us that have to wait!

Not digging the black and white. I really liked all the colors they chose for the 2013 enduro and stumpy models. Wonder why so plain for the sworks 29 enduro? Is it known yet if the frame only option will also be only black and white?

mtbr member
    The white looks great in person, but I am into the boring colors.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    My LBS got an s-works enduro 29er in tuesday and a buddy of mine bought it on Friday then raced it on Saturday in the Echo Valley 60 miler. Im waiting to hear is thoughts and the comparison to the 26" 2013 s-works enduro he sold to buy it. He did say it weighed 29.5 lbs (large frame) with XT trail pedals and it has the command post ir. It is exactly 1 lb heavier than his 26" version, but he hasnt gone tubeless yet on the 29er.
    Any feedback from your buddy?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

My XL arrived Monday at my LBS!

Any feedback from your buddy?
    Of course, I was out of town. :-( I pick it up today at 10am. Really stoked!

I'll post some pics soon!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Man wish I could afford an sworks.

mtbr member
    Here is what my buddy sent me comparing the the 26 and 29 2013 s-works enduro.

The 26 felt snappier on the climbs, as in it accelerates faster. It may also be a bit cushier (due to the extra travel).
    The 29er is less prone to get wedged between roots and seems more sure-footed when cornering.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy