Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

ENDURO 2010/11 + 6ft-ers in here please.

Finally decided to go for a 2011 EVO ,upgrading from my current 08 s-works.

Ive had both a medium and large 08 and like them both....Im currenty riding a large but i wished id of stuck with the medium now.

Me being 6ft im really undecided as to which size to go with for the 2011.The bike needs to be orderd in so theres no way of testing.

For those of you with either a 2010 or 2011 enduro can you tell me what size you currently ride and what sort of riding you do?

Im mainly going to be using it for XC and AM.

Many thanks

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    6'1 on a large anD it fits like a glove
    Am riding mixture of AM/DH with plenty of jumps and drops

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have a 2011 Enduro Comp in large. I'm 5' 11" fits me just right.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    6'1" and riding a large. Hard XC/All mountain. A medium does not fit me, too cramped up.

I'm with stupid
    6'2" and ride a large and use it from everything from xc days to 6 foot drops and DH shuttle runs with either a 70mm stem for xc days or a 50mm mm for dh with 30" bars.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Pretty much what hitechredneck said.
    6'2'', Lg and fits awesome.
    It does whatever i tell it, xc/jumps whatever, love it

my church is the woods
    6'0" and I ride a 2010 Medium. It has a 90mm stem for my all-mountain riding. Fits perfect!

wretch
    6'3" ride a large. . . XL felt like a boat when descending . . . large feels absolutely spot on!

mtbr member
    I was in your shoes and unsure of the right size without one to demo. I compared the dimensions off their site to my previous bikes and ended up going one size smaller than I normally ride and it feels spot on. They seem to run a little big.
    Four wheels move the body.
    Two wheels move the soul.

mtbr member
    I'm 6ft and test rode both the medium and the large 2011 enduro the other week. The large was more than comfortable and easy enough to handle for the longer ride but I already have a 4" xc bike so will going with a medium as found i had the ability to be alot more aggresive and fun without it being too short, maybe just some slightly wider bars on it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by charger32
    I'm 6ft and test rode both the medium and the large 2011 enduro the other week. The large was more than comfortable and easy enough to handle for the longer ride but I already have a 4" xc bike so will going with a medium as found i had the ability to be alot more aggresive and fun without it being too short, maybe just some slightly wider bars on it.

Is there much in the two?

How did you find the medium ...I just don't want it to feel to cramped with the top tune being short.

Thanks

mtbr member
    So, here's some advice from someone who had a 2010 Enduro, is 6', and is also a professiona bike fitter. You are right in the grey area of a medium or a large. It would depend on how you want the bike to fit and also what your torso to leg ratio is.

If you have shorter legs and a longer torso - L
    If you have longer legs and shorter torso - M

If you want to be more upright and have a more nimble bike - M
    If you want a more stretched out cockpit - L

I assume that since you opted for the EVO, you ride more on the aggressive side and are taking it on rougher terrain, I would suggest the medium unless you have a really long torso. You can also play with stem length to adjust the reach, but don't go more than + or - 2cm or you will start to mess with the handling of the bike.

I rode mine in very technical XC terrain and wanted a more stretched out cockpit, so I went with the L and swapped the stem to a 90mm. Feel free to P.M. me if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by J273

Ive had both a medium and large 08 and like them both....Im currenty riding a large but i wished id of stuck with the medium now.

Me being 6ft im really undecided as to which size to go with for the 2011.The bike needs to be orderd in so theres no way of testing.

For those of you with either a 2010 or 2011 enduro can you tell me what size you currently ride and what sort of riding you do?

Many thanks
    Specialized BG FIT Master Technician

mtbr member
    Thanks for this,Much appreciated.

I have a long torso and 32" leg

I currently ride a large s-works 2008 and previous to this had a medium and wish id kept the medium now as the large just feels too big underneath me.

I wouldnt say im doing very agressive stuff more XC than anything but love the enduros even though a stumpy would do me fine.

I do want more agile bike than my current one....the 2010 frames just look very compact to me and the last thing i want is the top tube being too short.

Is there much in it between the medium and large top tube wise?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrob1775
    So, here's some advice from someone who had a 2010 Enduro, is 6', and is also a professiona bike fitter. You are right in the grey area of a medium or a large. It would depend on how you want the bike to fit and also what your torso to leg ratio is.

If you have shorter legs and a longer torso - L
    If you have longer legs and shorter torso - M

If you want to be more upright and have a more nimble bike - M
    If you want a more stretched out cockpit - L

I assume that since you opted for the EVO, you ride more on the aggressive side and are taking it on rougher terrain, I would suggest the medium unless you have a really long torso. You can also play with stem length to adjust the reach, but don't go more than + or - 2cm or you will start to mess with the handling of the bike.

I rode mine in very technical XC terrain and wanted a more stretched out cockpit, so I went with the L and swapped the stem to a 90mm. Feel free to P.M. me if you have any questions.

mtbr member
    Thanks for this,Much appreciated.

I have a long torso and 32" leg

I currently ride a large s-works 2008 and previous to this had a medium and wish id kept the medium now as the large just feels too big underneath me.

I wouldnt say im doing very agressive stuff more XC than anything but love the enduros even though a stumpy would do me fine.

I do want more agile bike than my current one....the 2010 frames just look very compact to me and the last thing i want is the top tube being too short.

Is there much in it between the medium and large top tube wise?

Thanks

It sounds like you would be better on the M. If you get it and find you want a little more reach, you can got with a little longer stem. Since they already come with a very short stem (60mm on M, 75mm on L), that would be easier than getting the L and needing to go shorter if you get the L. The horizontal TT is 3cm difference between the two.

One more note to consider:
    I had a 2008 Enduro and then went to a 2010. They are completely different riding bikes. The older generation Eduro was more like a long travel xc bike and the new generation is true all mountain. It has 10mm more travel, a lot slacker angles, and a longer wheel base. It's much more suited for very aggressive all mountain type of riding (better on downhills and not as nimble or as good on climbs). If you want a more agile bike than the 08 Enduro, take a hard look at the Stumpjumper FSR. They bumped it up to 140mm of travel and you would probably like that better.

J.
    Specialized BG FIT Master Technician

mtbr member
    Probably a medium would be good for you unless you plan on going on 5+ hour adventures with a ton of climbing. I'm 6'4" and I ride a 2010 Large for the handling characteristics. However, my death march gnarly xc steed is a 2010 sworks stumpy in an XL. It just fits a bit better on the super long haul rides, but still descends like a champ.

mtbr member
    Depends on personal prefernce, I generally like a slightly shorter bike and had no issues with the medium, you can always put a longer stem and wider bars on to increase cockpit size, or buy a large and do the opposite. Rode a medium enduro evo at whistler and wouldnt have wanted any bigger for the bike park. Compared an enduro pro in both sizes on some xc/light fr trails and the long would be better for spending long hours in the saddle but my smile was much bigger after coming off the medium. The travel adjust E160 fork definately made a big difference too for climing and tighter trails as brings the head angle in as well as dropping the front.

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    6'3" on a 2010 Large. I think any taller and I would have to go with the XL, or get longer cranks. I keep my Command Post right at the minimum insertion point, and it is pretty much perfect.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    5.10 and riding a M with a 50mm stem. Fits great for me, although I agree with what other says, If you're planning on long sustained climbs I would want to be more stretched out.

Big Hittin'
    5'9 and on a M. added 750mm bars and 50mm raceface stem. fits perfect. feels bigger than other brands 17.5 or mediums.
    29er's are Goofy

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    5'8 - 2011 Enduro Expert. 760mm Azonic bar and a 50mm Renthal stem! Perfect!
    As aome one already said, the new enduro's are very different from 2008 and 2009!

mtbr member
    Still undecided as to what to do....i plan on only buying a frameset and already have a 50mm thomson stem i plan on fitting.

I like the more agile bike but just dont want it to be too cramped.

Im bang on 6ft with trainers and slightly under without.

Just wish i could find one local to test

Arrgh ,what to do.....

mtbr member
    I'm 5' 11" and lots of change, and was in the same situation as you. I owned a 2008, but was on an XL with an 80mm stem. It felt great for most applications, but I really should have been on a large.

I purchased a '11 Evo in October, and blindly went with the Large this time. The bike DOES run a little bigger than the 2007-2009 version, but I feel the large fits me great. That being said, it's my only mountain bike, and I use it for anything from XC to light free ride. Could I have gone with a medium? I haven't ridden one, but my guess would be absolutely. However, since it's my only mountain bike, AND it has the adjustable post, I feel a Large is best due to it's longer/more stable wheel base.

I say large, but a medium would probably work well too depending on your proportions (I have REALLY long arms), and whether you plan to use it primarily for free ride stuff.

Edit: I DEFINITELY prefer a longer bike and shorter stem than vice versa...

C

Many thanks
    Last edited by SurfSailRide; 03-07-2011 at 05:03 PM.

eBiker
    Still undecided as to what to do....i plan on only buying a frameset and already have a 50mm thomson stem i plan on fitting.

I like the more agile bike but just dont want it to be too cramped.

Im bang on 6ft with trainers and slightly under without.

Just wish i could find one local to test

Arrgh ,what to do.....
    I am "6ft with trainers and slightly under without" as well and run mine with a 50mm stem. It is a perfect fit for me.

All day rides, great fit.

Bike park, great fit.

I run mine with a zero offset seatpost.

You are probably close enough that a stem length change or a seatpost offset change will dial you in. Don't base the frame size choice on not wanting to buy another stem, the frame is far more expensive and impactful on ride experience than a stem.

P

edit: size large.
    Last edited by Mr.P; 03-07-2011 at 12:55 PM.

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfSailRide
    I DEFINITELY prefer a longer bike and shorter stem than vice versa...
    +1

And some nice wide bars

P

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P
    I am "6ft with trainers and slightly under without" as well and run mine with a 50mm stem. It is a perfect fit for me.

All day rides, great fit.

Bike park, great fit.

I run mine with a zero offset seatpost.

You are probably close enough that a stem length change or a seatpost offset change will dial you in. Don't base the frame size choice on not wanting to buy another stem, the frame is far more expensive and impactful on ride experience than a stem.

P
    Do you ride a large Mr.P?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast