mtbr member
    May 2004

Enduro 130 (05) Geometry Comments/Questions

I have changed the link a few times and now have it back at 69.5/12.8
    has anybody had problems meaning hitting pedals too much on rocks with this setting?

The other setting climbs good (well, will climb better with an adjustable fork),
    but HA too steep in that setting.

I really wish the setting was 69/13.5 - I may be swapping frames because of this

mtbr member
    what fork do you have on there? I put a Pike on my 03 Enduro, it is a bit taller than the Psylo I had on there. This keeps the HA slacker in the higher BB setting of the Flip-flop link. You can find last year's Pike and a 20mm wheel cheaper than a brand new frame.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

My thoughts...

I have an 05 enduro 130 was thinking about using a 7.875 rear shock (stock is 7.625) with a 130mm Talus up front and the link set in the 69.5 setting. This would give about 70 headtube angle.

If you did the same but used a 150mm fork that had adjustable travel you might get what you are looking for.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtSS
    I have an 05 enduro 130 was thinking about using a 7.875 rear shock (stock is 7.625) with a 130mm Talus up front and the link set in the 69.5 setting. This would give about 70 headtube angle.

If you did the same but used a 150mm fork that had adjustable travel you might get what you are looking for.
    Keep in mind that altering the rear travel will void your warranty.

Old fart
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Keep in mind that altering the rear travel will void your warranty.
    So will slapping a 130mm+ fork on there...
    But still that's what I did. I run mine with a Pike and a 200mm (7.875") i2i shock and the flip-flop in the slack setting. Gives a HA around 69 and a BB of about 13.8.
    Guess I'm all out of warranty though...
    Yeah baby!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    I have changed the link a few times and now have it back at 69.5/12.8
    has anybody had problems meaning hitting pedals too much on rocks with this setting?

I really wish the setting was 69/13.5 - I may be swapping frames because of this
    I run my Enduro in the slacker setting too, but regularly clout my pedals.

The people at BETD might be able to help. For 100 pounds, they do a replacement flip flop link for the Enduro 130 that not only raises the BB height considerably, but also gives you a choice between 5.2 / 6 inches of rear travel. The link is machined out of alloy and is available in a choice of colours. I am seriously considering one myself.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Have an 03 Enduro with Pike 426 and a float R 05 shock 7.875 x 2.0' in the slack h.a. position. The b.b. height is also 13.8' . The shock has been Pushed , makes a huge differance . Its heaps plusher without any harsh bottom out.Pedals better also.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by PJMatthes
    I run my Enduro in the slacker setting too, but regularly clout my pedals.

The people at BETD might be able to help. For 100 pounds, they do a replacement flip flop link for the Enduro 130 that not only raises the BB height considerably, but also gives you a choice between 5.2 / 6 inches of rear travel. The link is machined out of alloy and is available in a choice of colours. I am seriously considering one myself.
    I knew someone did a replacement link for the FSR's years ago (mountain speed or similiar name, I recall). Can I get the link to BETD?

Do you know if the bearings in their replacement link are of higher quality than the CRAP specialized has spec'd? (I saw them when I flipped the link - they are the lowest quality you can get)

mtbr member
    May 2004

Found it

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    I knew someone did a replacement link for the FSR's years ago (mountain speed or similiar name, I recall). Can I get the link to BETD?

Do you know if the bearings in their replacement link are of higher quality than the CRAP specialized has spec'd? (I saw them when I flipped the link - they are the lowest quality you can get)
    http://www.betd.co.uk/

took some digging
    I'll ask them about it

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

mtbr member

BETD link on Enduro?

I was looking at those BETD links for my Enduro 130 a while back, anybody have any experience with one?? I think it changes the leverage ratio on your shock quite a bit, since mine is PUSH'ed, not sure if the PUSH tuning mods would translate well into this new setup.

Now with flavor!!
    rp3 on a 04 enduro?

I did the slightly longer rear shock and longer fork thing too. I like it.

Every bike specialized has ever made has a lower bb than most bikes. Most people that ride them learn the pedal timing thing on climbs. I think it's a reasonable trade off for how well these bikes rail in corners.