jason8265

E150 Slick Honey Service

FIrst of all what is slick honey and where do I get it. Is is a name of a specific lube or would other types of grease work? Second of all, can someone post the procedure in this post as I can't find it in the 30 pages of posts on the shock message. Thanks for all the help. What would be great is a pictorial guide for the process if someone was getting ready to perform it. Would be great if the big S came out with s service manual. It's strange how in the motorcycle industry it is expected for people to work on their suspension components but it is so different on bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Fork Service

Quote Originally Posted by jason8265
    FIrst of all what is slick honey and where do I get it. Is is a name of a specific lube or would other types of grease work? Second of all, can someone post the procedure in this post as I can't find it in the 30 pages of posts on the shock message. Thanks for all the help. What would be great is a pictorial guide for the process if someone was getting ready to perform it. Would be great if the big S came out with s service manual. It's strange how in the motorcycle industry it is expected for people to work on their suspension components but it is so different on bikes.
    Can't tell you about the slick honey but there is a pictorial guide from Speci-Suspension Tech on servicing the E150. Speci-Suspension Tech is a technician working for Specialized. It can be found on page 10 on the "If you have Specialized own-brand forks or shocks". Kelstr also gives useful info on that thread.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by jason8265
    Specialized have given us a maintenance manual; it's all there in the thread, just be patient and be prepared to work through thread concentrating on flagging up the posts by Speci-Suspension Tech and Kelstr

Here's one copy of the equivalent of Kelstr's Slick Honey Treatment posted by Specialized, as an example; it is repeated several times through the thread. Also, what Slick Honey is, where you can get it, what the alternative products/specifications are

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...89708#poststop

At some stage, we will be getting all the maintnence posts into a single folder for convenience; in the meantime, sorry but you have to be prepared to do a little leg work by looking through the thread for what you are after...........It;s all in there
    Lend me 20.00 and I'll buy you a drink!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    ROCKSHOX Judy Butter is an alternative to Slick Honey

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?ID=17412

mtbr member
    May 2007

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    All e150 owners --- If you have a 60mm stem you want to part with PM me and I will buy.

Members who have read this thread: 1