mtbr member
    May 2009

e150 / shock 50 basic service

I have a 08 enduro expert with about 300 miles and a little over 50 hours on it, some pretty aggressive rides and jumping. I want to maintain the warranty and just keep the bike fresh and tight. I took it back to my LBS where I bought it to have them do the 50 hour basic service on it and the mechanic said he had never actually done one on the e150 but could check specailized web for info, (red flag). He seemed to downplay the need for it and said the 250 hour full service is the importent one. Is this true, and will this give me problems with my warranty down the road. Also, is the 50 hour for just the fork and not the shock or both.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    We recommend every 50hrs a lower leg service for forks and every 50hrs an air sleeve service for shocks. These are important services to maintain performance. Every 150hrs/annually we recommend a full service for both forks and shocks. This performs the 50hr services + fresh damping oil, internal parts etc. If you don't maintain your suspension you will notice loss in performance and won't remain covered by our warranty. Dealers have access to perform the 50hr services.
    Visit my profile for Links to:

Performance Guarantee, Service, Setup, E150 Maintenance....

Loser
    The 50 hour service is so simple to do and improves performance so much, I can't imagine why you wouldn't do that regularly (50 hours seems a bit obsessive, but...).

John

mtbr member
    I performed the air sleeve service yesterday on my shock, and I'm going to try the e150 service today.

The air sleeve service is literally easier than changing a tyre, once you know what you're doing it will take you less than 10 minutes - no need to take it to your LBS and pay someone for something so simple.

Hopefully the fork service is as easy - I'll be posting here if I have any issues!

Members who have read this thread: 0