mtbr member
    Aug 2007

e150 rebound damping problem

Recently when I've set up my e150 fork with 2 or 3 clicks of rebound damping, by the end of the ride it's moved to 'fully open' i.e. no rebound damping. Anyone else experienced this and perhaps found a cure?

mtbr member
    what year is your E150?

Mine is an 07. On it, the stops are barely there so you have to move the rebound slow to feel the "clicks". Overall it turns very easily, but is recessed under the compression knob so it shouldn't ever get turned by anything. You do have to take care to adjust the compression and the rebound separately. since they are stacked on each other and both very easy to turn, its really easy to accidently turn them at the same time. Especially while wearing gloves.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    take off the knobs, add 1/2 turn or less to the small allen head screws, this will tighten up the knobs detent ball bearing a bit. Be carful as it is easy to tighten them to much.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Chameleoneel - I agree that it's really easy to turn both rebound and compression adjusters together accidentally, but I'm pretty sure that the rebound is moving back to fully open without any help from me!

PB Matrix - thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try.

Cheers

Andy