mtbr member
    May 2004

E150 Crown/Stem for 2007

I looked all over the forum and the spec website and couldn't figure this out...

I've got a 2007 Enduro SL - Large. What size stems comes stock on this bike?

I am looking to increase the cock-pit just a little was thinking about purchasing another stem from http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...jsp?spid=49664

Thanks guys!

mtbr member
    you can just measure what you have.

Middle of the topcap bolt to the middle of the bar. Measurement should be taken perpendicular to the steerer.
    09 Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon | 09 S-Works Enduro SL Carbon

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Notahammer
    I looked all over the forum and the spec website and couldn't figure this out...

I've got a 2007 Enduro SL - Large. What size stems comes stock on this bike?

I am looking to increase the cock-pit just a little was thinking about purchasing another stem from http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...jsp?spid=49664

Thanks guys!
    Your large bike has an 80mm stem stock , ----------the XL Enduro has the 100mm stem .

Your bike shop should have some different lengths you could try and see which you like .

I wished I could ride a large size bike , ---------but I only fit the goofy XL bike , ----the extra cockpit room really helps me throw the thing around and makes the climbs really nice .

The large was just to cramped for me

mtbr member
    May 2004
    great to know...thanks for the info guys. Is the only place to purchase a stem from specialized?

jason8265
    Your other option is to but the 100 mm stem that came on my XL. I ran it 3 times and then took it off. Send me a note if interested.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I want to buy a E150 60mm stem (anno brown) LBS says they cant get them, any of you guys got a used one after sizing up i am based in the UK thanks.
    Last edited by RIJ353; 12-26-2009 at 07:05 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    So what's the deal with some of these stems not tightening enough on the stanchions? I was going to put some shim stock in the upper clamp. Curious if any of you cats had this prob. These E150 have enough little annoying problems to drive me nuts

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shift96
    So what's the deal with some of these stems not tightening enough on the stanchions? I was going to put some shim stock in the upper clamp. Curious if any of you cats had this prob. These E150 have enough little annoying problems to drive me nuts
    Never heard of this problem.

Maybe the stanction itself is crushed. Try moving the stanction up or down a bit to have the clamps close on another section of the possibly crushed stanction. 55 in pounds is the torque setting on those stem bolts. This is just a bit past snug if you do not have a torque wrench.

jason8265
    Specialized did come back and revise the pinch blts for the stantions to 75 inch pounds.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJ353
    I want to buy a E150 60mm stem (anno brown) LBS says they cant get them, any of you guys got a used one after sizing up i am based in the UK thanks.
    I just ordered one directly from the Specialized website... $50 USD.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8265
    Specialized did come back and revise the pinch blts for the stantions to 75 inch pounds.
    Cool, thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    What problem are you having ?, there can be some creaking from the stem of the bike , its casued from the bolts in the stem being dry and the stem to steer tube being dry , this is common on duel crown bikes because the load is very different .

Its not a problem where the clamp is not tight enough .

( Specialized did up the torque on all the upper bolts in the stem to 75" lbs, ---but I feel this is way to tight -----I have had to repair several broken bolts and striped clamp threads for shops around here using the 75" lbs )

I run my bolts in my top clamp at 50" lbs and my lowers at 30 " lbs , and the handelbars at 60" lbs with carbon bars .

These wrap style clamps can easily damadge the stanchion tubes , be carefull on overtighten them .

If you alighn the stanchion tubes up on any duall crown fork by sliding the empty lowers up and down on the stanchions while alighning them you will see how overtightening will affect stiction and drag .

I actually have to add a peice of .010 shim stock in my left side lower clamp at the inside to keep my stanchions alighned with no stiction in the lowers, ----the XL bikes with the longer stanchions are affected slightly like this where the S,M,L bikes are not .
    Many longer 7" and 8" travel Duel crown forks will also benifit from correct alighnment like this

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Defiintely is a problem where the clamp is not tight enough. With everything torqued, you can actually feel it rocking back and forth slightly at the top of the stanchions where they meet the clamp. I went a little tighter and it seems to have stopped. I'll see tomorrow when I go riding (it's will be about 24 degrees out )

Hey Kelstr, maybe I should machine a whole new frame?......Just kidding

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Defiintely is a problem where the clamp is not tight enough. With everything torqued, you can actually feel it rocking back and forth slightly at the top of the stanchions where they meet the clamp. I went a little tighter and it seems to have stopped. I'll see tomorrow when I go riding (it's will be about 24 degrees out )

Hey Kelstr, maybe I should machine a whole new frame?......Just kidding
    Wow , that is odd.
    The bushings in the sliders wiggle and make a clunking feel all through the ft end, and the steering head will surly clunk like that also .

24 degrees , my god , its 50 degrees here and I have long underwear on and three layers on top , and i want to ride today but I am to cold, tomorrow it should be 60 and I can ride in that cold .

24 would kill me , I can't go out side when its 40 or under

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kelstr
    Wow , that is odd.
    The bushings in the sliders wiggle and make a clunking feel all through the ft end, and the steering head will surly clunk like that also .

24 degrees , my god , its 50 degrees here and I have long underwear on and three layers on top , and i want to ride today but I am to cold, tomorrow it should be 60 and I can ride in that cold .

24 would kill me , I can't go out side when its 40 or under
    Bushings are good. It's definitely the top clamp. Seems to be good now. We'll see. It's gonna be a cold one tomorrow

mtbr member
    May 2005
    might be a loose or worn headset as well.