mtbr member
    Feb 2007

E150 compression adjuster weird prob

I unscrew the screw, take adjuster off. Put it back on and when the screw is tightend the adjuster is so tight you can't move it. loosen the screw and it works fine. WTF? I did nothing but take it off to get the cartridge out. Anyone else have this anoying problem?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    You have to have the small internal 6 sided nut looking thingy where the small screw screws into all the way to the top of it's travel. Can't rember if it is all the way to the plus side or the - side, anyway once it is as tall as it gets, then you screw in the knob screw and it works properly. Sorry, rum and coke makes riting a challeng

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I had same problem put some Loctite on the screw and tighten down until you can turn adjuster with out binding problem sorted.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Real normal deal -------alot of the fox stuff and other companys suspension adjusters are just like this.

You can leave the white band out from under the adjuster and and use tin foil as a shim under the adjuster and get it tight and it will work --------------------or just like RIJ353 say and just leave it loose with locktight on the screw and it works --( do not use red locktight tho ---I get some of these in that are a pain to heat up to get off )

Or you can do what I do to them --------chuck the adjuster up in my mill and machine .005 thou off the underside of the knob and now you can snug it up with no locktight and its great---------------------actually I have to space and machine all of the different companys adjusters knobs ---------------they all will do this

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kelstr
    Real normal deal -------alot of the fox stuff and other companys suspension adjusters are just like this.

You can leave the white band out from under the adjuster and and use tin foil as a shim under the adjuster and get it tight and it will work --------------------or just like RIJ353 say and just leave it loose with locktight on the screw and it works --( do not use red locktight tho ---I get some of these in that are a pain to heat up to get off )

Or you can do what I do to them --------chuck the adjuster up in my mill and machine .005 thou off the underside of the knob and now you can snug it up with no locktight and its great---------------------actually I have to space and machine all of the different companys adjusters knobs ---------------they all will do this
    Unacceptable.Contrary to what you say, the adjusters falling off a 3K plus bike is NOT normal. Why would you think it is normal? If it is than shame on Specialized. They are not done with the engineering then.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shift96
    Unacceptable.Contrary to what you say, the adjusters falling off a 3K plus bike is NOT normal. Why would you think it is normal? If it is than shame on Specialized. They are not done with the engineering then.
    I see this every day ----Alot of products we all buy and use have production assembly line glitches, -------suspension knobs binding up when tightening up the set screws is VERY NORMAL ,--------they all can and will have this problem , ------------you can use this information I give to FIX this very small snag , or you can continue to wine about it and never have your bike correctly working.

The engineering of these products, ------and the production of these products are light years apart .

This is not a big deal , its just the way life is

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I hear ya but in all my years of riding and racing motorcycles, my suspension knobs never fell of from the factory. It is not the way it is. It seems that Mountain bikes have their own set of standards that people think are ok. Thanks for the tips anyway