Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: E150 for 2009

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

E150 for 2009

Read the following in BikeRadar.com

"Specialized 2009 mountain bikes and bits
    Revised internals in the E150 fork should improve reliability for 2009."

Do you guys think SL owners might have the chance to upgrade to 2009 internals under the 5 year warranty program?

Wait, what!?
    I wouldnt mind the 09 shock and fork. Have you seen them? New color

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Yeah, here are some pics. I don't mind the new colours but if the suspension has been improved substantially, and upgrade would be awesome!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Is that a Specialized-made adjustable height seatpost?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    In 2009 only s-works model will have specialized e150 fork . They will have Fox 32 float or talas 150mm fork with new 15mm thru axle !!!

Wait, what!?
    Woah, check out all the white parts too. Grips, hub, caliper, suspension link, and seat. I like that.

Wonder why they are only doing their stuff on the S-Works?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drop
    In 2009 only s-works model will have specialized e150 fork . They will have Fox 32 float or talas 150mm fork with new 15mm thru axle !!!
    i heard theyre getting van 36s actually, from my rep.

the #1 Stunna'
    i want one of those seat posts
    I has Bikes

trail demon
    Jun 2005
    Seems a shame to move away from the E150 on the lower spec enduro's for '09....be interested to know the reasons why.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    "The three-position Command Post will provide 35mm or 110mm of drop via a convenient bar-mounted remote and the internal mechanism uses a clever collet system developed by in-house suspension guru Mike McAndrews. Just a single 30.9mm size will be offered for now and total weight is pegged at around 430g. Pricing is yet to be determined but Specialized says its Command Post will be competitive with other similar products..."
    http://cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=t...d_mtb_intro208

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

No more E150???

Quote Originally Posted by drop
    Hmmmm, that is weird, why would Specialized do that? Perhaps too many problems with current E150 so they wish to minimize warranty issues in the future?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    We have minimized the issues associated with the E-150, it has improved ride quality and reliability in 2008 than it did in 2007. All 2007 customers can benefit from 2008 product through our "Performance Upgrade Program". We have also extended our manufacturing warranty to 5 years for original owners who have their suspension serviced as per the service schedule.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Speci- Suspension Tech
    We have minimized the issues associated with the E-150, it has improved ride quality and reliability in 2008 than it did in 2007. All 2007 customers can benefit from 2008 product through our "Performance Upgrade Program". We have also extended our manufacturing warranty to 5 years for original owners who have their suspension serviced as per the service schedule.
    No doubt about the improvement on the 2008 suspension and the fantastic warranty program that Specialized is offering to customers on the suspension. I am one the SL owners who is extremely happy with the performance of the bike!

I think the E150 is a fantastic fork and I am sure a lot of riders agree with this (Forums usually have the ones complaining about problems which would be a minority compared to the amount of bikes sold) . Riders like Kelrst who have huge knowledge on suspension has said that this fork is way advanced compared to other forks.

So, why go back to Fox on the Comp & Expert SL models when the E150 has been offered for two years and when Specialized has spent a decent amount of time and $$$$ on the TSI program. SL was the first bike under this program and I think has been extremely successful.

I am just very curious about his change, thatís all. I am sure there are some other riders happy with Specialized changing back to Fox.

mtbr member
    Sad news for buyers like myself who will never be in the market for a S Works, one of the reasons I bought the SL was the fact that whether you're buying the entry level comp or the top of the range S Works you get the exact same Shock and Fork.
    Which BTW I love now I've had the 08 upgrade, the front end is so stiff and sure footed I'm blasting through our local trails while my Fox Forked riding buddies are crashing and falling and in all honesty I can't say it's my skill level that's the reason

mtbr member
    If they do offer the 2009 upgrade to previous year owners, I'd hope its internals are compatible with the brown forks. I really like the brown and silver scheme of my comp and think a giant black fork would ruin its look.

The Other Dude
    Does anyone know if the the 09's will feature the tapered headtube like the stumpy's, epic's and SX trails do?
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

New SL Comp 09

Like the white one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    Does anyone know if the the 09's will feature the tapered headtube like the stumpy's, epic's and SX trails do?
    yep

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanabartola
    Like the white one.
    I think I found my new ride for 2009 - white enduro sl comp...

mtbr member
    SunY,
    I think at somepoint that will have to flow that fork down the line to increase there bottom line. I'm assuming it costs big bucks to design a new fork, even with an experienced team of engineers with a clue. So if Spec really is designing and building this in house, why would they want to give money to another manufacturer for there fork? I bet there having qual problems in production and they want to ramp up slowly rather than overnight. I could be wrong, but I don't see another reason to give another company money, when it should cost less for them to produce the in house one.

Anthony

The Other Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy_Steve
    yep

Do you know which ones? The comp looks standard, i saw the S-Works pictures, it hard to tell, but i guess production can always change, right?
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speci- Suspension Tech
    Hi just wondering , what IS the official suspension service schedule ?
    , Ive got a 2007 Enduro S.L. pro carbon , Its had a 2008 shock and new cartridges fitted , after the shock lost all its rebound damping - and the fork internals were changed during a service after I,d noticed the atitude adjuster started only locking down about half an inch instead of the 40 mm it used to.
    So even though my whole rig is working perfectly , could I just turn up and ask for the latest kit ?? I am the orig owner and am well known to my specialized dealer.?

p.s. Ive had the bike 18 months and love it , apart from the above mentioned stuff its been trouble free , I keep it clean and ride it hard , am on my 6 th chain - my 5 th set of pads - have bent my seat rails - and picked up a buckle up front , Best bits = the big step offs that my mates baulk at, while the E150 just slurps em up , Worst bits , all the gobshites who slag the S.L. off and know so much but none of em have ridden or owned one ?? funny that eh!!
    any advice on decent tyres gratefully recieved .

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Service schedule is 250 hours for both shock and fork .

Fat Skis/Fat Tires
    Anyone have a prediction as to when this unbearable white fad will be over?

My guess is that it'll hang on as long as teenage boys are still wearing girl pants.

mtbr member
    Yeah, and the AFR shock is still on all of them.

It'll be interesting to see what spec they finalize and actually calle the "2009" Enduro SL lineup.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast