Thread: E150 for 2009

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

E150 for 2009

Read the following in BikeRadar.com

"Specialized 2009 mountain bikes and bits
    Revised internals in the E150 fork should improve reliability for 2009."

Do you guys think SL owners might have the chance to upgrade to 2009 internals under the 5 year warranty program?

Wait, what!?
    I wouldnt mind the 09 shock and fork. Have you seen them? New color

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Yeah, here are some pics. I don't mind the new colours but if the suspension has been improved substantially, and upgrade would be awesome!!

mtbr member
    Is that a Specialized-made adjustable height seatpost?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    In 2009 only s-works model will have specialized e150 fork . They will have Fox 32 float or talas 150mm fork with new 15mm thru axle !!!

Wait, what!?
    Woah, check out all the white parts too. Grips, hub, caliper, suspension link, and seat. I like that.

Wonder why they are only doing their stuff on the S-Works?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drop
    In 2009 only s-works model will have specialized e150 fork . They will have Fox 32 float or talas 150mm fork with new 15mm thru axle !!!
    i heard theyre getting van 36s actually, from my rep.

the #1 Stunna'
    i want one of those seat posts
    I has Bikes

trail demon
    Jun 2005
    Seems a shame to move away from the E150 on the lower spec enduro's for '09....be interested to know the reasons why.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    "The three-position Command Post will provide 35mm or 110mm of drop via a convenient bar-mounted remote and the internal mechanism uses a clever collet system developed by in-house suspension guru Mike McAndrews. Just a single 30.9mm size will be offered for now and total weight is pegged at around 430g. Pricing is yet to be determined but Specialized says its Command Post will be competitive with other similar products..."
    http://cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=t...d_mtb_intro208

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

No more E150???

Quote Originally Posted by drop
    Hmmmm, that is weird, why would Specialized do that? Perhaps too many problems with current E150 so they wish to minimize warranty issues in the future?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    We have minimized the issues associated with the E-150, it has improved ride quality and reliability in 2008 than it did in 2007. All 2007 customers can benefit from 2008 product through our "Performance Upgrade Program". We have also extended our manufacturing warranty to 5 years for original owners who have their suspension serviced as per the service schedule.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Speci- Suspension Tech
    We have minimized the issues associated with the E-150, it has improved ride quality and reliability in 2008 than it did in 2007. All 2007 customers can benefit from 2008 product through our "Performance Upgrade Program". We have also extended our manufacturing warranty to 5 years for original owners who have their suspension serviced as per the service schedule.
    No doubt about the improvement on the 2008 suspension and the fantastic warranty program that Specialized is offering to customers on the suspension. I am one the SL owners who is extremely happy with the performance of the bike!

I think the E150 is a fantastic fork and I am sure a lot of riders agree with this (Forums usually have the ones complaining about problems which would be a minority compared to the amount of bikes sold) . Riders like Kelrst who have huge knowledge on suspension has said that this fork is way advanced compared to other forks.

So, why go back to Fox on the Comp & Expert SL models when the E150 has been offered for two years and when Specialized has spent a decent amount of time and $$$$ on the TSI program. SL was the first bike under this program and I think has been extremely successful.

I am just very curious about his change, thatís all. I am sure there are some other riders happy with Specialized changing back to Fox.

mtbr member
    Sad news for buyers like myself who will never be in the market for a S Works, one of the reasons I bought the SL was the fact that whether you're buying the entry level comp or the top of the range S Works you get the exact same Shock and Fork.
    Which BTW I love now I've had the 08 upgrade, the front end is so stiff and sure footed I'm blasting through our local trails while my Fox Forked riding buddies are crashing and falling and in all honesty I can't say it's my skill level that's the reason

mtbr member
    If they do offer the 2009 upgrade to previous year owners, I'd hope its internals are compatible with the brown forks. I really like the brown and silver scheme of my comp and think a giant black fork would ruin its look.

The Other Dude
    Does anyone know if the the 09's will feature the tapered headtube like the stumpy's, epic's and SX trails do?
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

New SL Comp 09

Like the white one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    Does anyone know if the the 09's will feature the tapered headtube like the stumpy's, epic's and SX trails do?
    yep

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanabartola
    Like the white one.
    I think I found my new ride for 2009 - white enduro sl comp...

mtbr member
    SunY,
    I think at somepoint that will have to flow that fork down the line to increase there bottom line. I'm assuming it costs big bucks to design a new fork, even with an experienced team of engineers with a clue. So if Spec really is designing and building this in house, why would they want to give money to another manufacturer for there fork? I bet there having qual problems in production and they want to ramp up slowly rather than overnight. I could be wrong, but I don't see another reason to give another company money, when it should cost less for them to produce the in house one.

Anthony

The Other Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy_Steve
    yep

Do you know which ones? The comp looks standard, i saw the S-Works pictures, it hard to tell, but i guess production can always change, right?
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speci- Suspension Tech
    Hi just wondering , what IS the official suspension service schedule ?
    , Ive got a 2007 Enduro S.L. pro carbon , Its had a 2008 shock and new cartridges fitted , after the shock lost all its rebound damping - and the fork internals were changed during a service after I,d noticed the atitude adjuster started only locking down about half an inch instead of the 40 mm it used to.
    So even though my whole rig is working perfectly , could I just turn up and ask for the latest kit ?? I am the orig owner and am well known to my specialized dealer.?

p.s. Ive had the bike 18 months and love it , apart from the above mentioned stuff its been trouble free , I keep it clean and ride it hard , am on my 6 th chain - my 5 th set of pads - have bent my seat rails - and picked up a buckle up front , Best bits = the big step offs that my mates baulk at, while the E150 just slurps em up , Worst bits , all the gobshites who slag the S.L. off and know so much but none of em have ridden or owned one ?? funny that eh!!
    any advice on decent tyres gratefully recieved .

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Service schedule is 250 hours for both shock and fork .

Fat Skis/Fat Tires
    Anyone have a prediction as to when this unbearable white fad will be over?

My guess is that it'll hang on as long as teenage boys are still wearing girl pants.

mtbr member
    Yeah, and the AFR shock is still on all of them.

It'll be interesting to see what spec they finalize and actually calle the "2009" Enduro SL lineup.

Wait, what!?
    Quote Originally Posted by e-bo-b

My guess is that it'll hang on as long as teenage boys are still wearing girl pants.
    I still think white looks really cool, but then again, I also have a pair of girl pants tucked away in my closet, that are also white....

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduroblood
    I still think white looks really cool, but then again, I also have a pair of girl pants tucked away in my closet, that are also white....
    Hahaha, that's a great call!!!

Now with More Wood
    I think what may end up happening to the Performance Upgrade program, is that any replacement of troublesome suspension components in the future will eventually end up with 09 parts, simply because that is what will be available once the 08 stuff runs out. However, I doubt that they will apply the Performance Upgrade program for somebody who went from 07 to 08 "just like that" (i.e. without actual issues) and now wants to go to 09 just because its available. Probably a grey area in the wording of said warranty though (as if you are not entirely happy with how your suspension works, you can request that they fix it as manay times as you want....you can't demand 09 parts, but if you wait a bit that is what is likely to happen - UNLESS, they are no longer comaptible...).

The dual crown fork was one of the main reasons I bought this bike. I love having a dual crown on a trail bike, and I do believe it has saved my a$$ more than once....OK I know people hit huge stuff on single crowns these days (duh - watch any major MTB movie....), but I just like the way it feels and reacts on bad landings etc...with a straight up Van or Lyric up front, I'd look at a bunch of other bikes in this category before making up my mind. Thankfully, I can look forward to many years of riding my SL so I won't have to worry about buying a new trail bike any time soon (I do need a new sled for the DH stuff though, one of these days...).

mtbr member

hahahahahaha! nice! and they'r wearing them while riding fixed gears with cards in the rear wheels...

mtbr member
    double post?
    Last edited by chameleoneel; 07-20-2008 at 07:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Not to mention the dual crown just looks rad on this bike.

mtbr member
    May 2005

In South Korea young men (I use the term loosely) are wearing the girly pants and pastel colored princess cut shirts as well. These clothes match their girly looking haircuts. And Yes, the shirts are mostly pink!!! It is getting so I have to see a persons front and back before I can decide if "She" is cute or not.

mtbr member
    Hooookay....well to alleviate all your fears....the new 2009 suspension rides soooooooooooooooooooo much better than last years!!!! I just got back from the Speccie Dealer week in Copper Mountain Colorado where we got to see and test all the new models in all their guises. The presentations were damn good from all aspects and the only downside (small one) was that the trails there are not really hard-core enough to truly get a feel for the larger bikes. The enduro S-Works was the first bike I tried. They have done a bloody good job on the new suspension. Not only does it not feel like air, more like coil, but the tweaks done to it have made a huge difference. It pretty much does it all....better!
    No stiction at the beginning of travel, excellent pedaling, stable handling that does not seem to be hampered by the dual crown regardless of how technical the trail. Soon as I get over my jet-lagg I will see about posting some pics for you all!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendog13
    Hooookay....well to alleviate all your fears....the new 2009 suspension rides soooooooooooooooooooo much better than last years!!!! I just got back from the Speccie Dealer week in Copper Mountain Colorado where we got to see and test all the new models in all their guises. The presentations were damn good from all aspects and the only downside (small one) was that the trails there are not really hard-core enough to truly get a feel for the larger bikes. The enduro S-Works was the first bike I tried. They have done a bloody good job on the new suspension. Not only does it not feel like air, more like coil, but the tweaks done to it have made a huge difference. It pretty much does it all....better!
    No stiction at the beginning of travel, excellent pedaling, stable handling that does not seem to be hampered by the dual crown regardless of how technical the trail. Soon as I get over my jet-lagg I will see about posting some pics for you all!
    You lucky Bastard!!!! So, did you ask if internals will fit the 07 & 09 forks? I can't wait to see the photos.

mtbr member
    Here they are on the racks. As for the internals I am afraid I did not ask but we will see what I I can find out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Is the 2nd bike back the Pro Carbon model?
    If so then iím glad I already have mine. No E150 fork and no Thomson seat post; probably an effort to keep it under £3k.

NOJ
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Pricing?

Zendog13, any information on 2009 pricing? Specifically the S-Works Enduro?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    hi guys !
    at first. sorry for my english.

i have enduro sl expert 2008 frame, size M + fox rp 23

some questions:

1. Fox 32 vs 36 float R vs Pike 140mm air u-turn? which of these forks will be look\work greater at this frame. warranty tells about 160 mm or less. i prefer all-mountain, 2-4 foot drops. will enduro with fox 36 brake in this conditions. my weight 185 (84 kg)

2. at the last photos at previos page 32 qr15 or fox 36?
    Last edited by Mike_MSK; 07-23-2008 at 07:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SDK^
    Is the 2nd bike back the Pro Carbon model?
    If so then iím glad I already have mine. No E150 fork and no Thomson seat post; probably an effort to keep it under £3k.

Doubt it as ......

1. Its got a weld on the toptube brace.
    2. It says M5 on the lower downtube

mtbr member
    A fox 36 would be fine....it has 160mm of travel...Im running a rockshox lyric which is pretty much like the fox 36 and I am loving it!!!......how does the RP 23 feel compared to the AFR shock??..Im looking to swap out but if there is not going to be improvment I cant justify the switch....by the way the 09 Enduro SL's are running fox 36's and they are the same frames so I wouldnt worry about the fork.....you could even get a 36 talas so u could adjust the travel to 150...You should also check out the lyrik also...it is a great fork so far and I have ben punishing the crap out of it the past 2 weeks and it just keeps getting better and better as it breaks in

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Im running a rockshox lyric which is pretty much like the fox 36 and I am loving it!!
    i think the same) i want to buy lyrik solo air, or fox 36 float R. our riders tells that lyrik much better works than fox 36 with our bad service in Moscow. their repairs in 1 place and it cost $$$ ) we cannot find\buy spare parts for fox & sometimes waiting about 3-5 weeks for the repair.
    for the lyrik solo air u could adjust travel too) spacers in fork.

Head Tube Height - 108mm. i am affraid about it. my cross country Cube reaction have 120 mm. it is magic m5 alloy ))?
    http://www.cube-bikes.de/xist4c/web/...844_.htm#anker

how does the RP 23 feel compared to the AFR shock??
    now i have only frame , w\o shock & headset, but i looking for CK NoThreadSet and try to find any information about dhx 5.0 air \ rp23 on enduro sl.

i think that dhx air is too much plush for enduro.
    rp23 is much better for trail\enduro riding. but my weight 83 kg and i loved agressive ride.

so, now i try to imagine specification of my "ultimate\best bike" for everething (trail\enduro\mountains)
    Last edited by Mike_MSK; 07-24-2008 at 01:24 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Might be wrong but those fox forks do look like 32 rather than 36 anybody know for definite? i read that 32 talas have adapted giving 110/130/150 with new 15QR could this be the case? Its always difficult to tell with photographs.

I would prefer they came with 36 for more stiffness but if they intent on keeping weight down 32's might be a possibility?

The Other Dude
    They are fox 32's with 150mm of travel.

mtbr member
    Looks like theyve managed to ditch the worlds crappest rim; the dt swiss 420 too and put something new on!

jt2
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

confused.....help please

Hi there guys,
    I've been keeping an eye on the developments of the Enduro SL for a while now via mtbr.
    So I wondered if anyone could give me some advise coz now i'm really confused as what to do.
    First off let me say I love the look of the Enduro SL with the E150 forks and for me its one of the major draws to the bike.
    I'm planning to buy an SL comp in the next couple of months but I'm not sure if I should get the 08 or the new 09 (with the safer bet of Fox forks).
    I've been worried by the amount of bad press the E150 forks have had. Even the 08 with its internal changes seem to have problems too.
    Now with Specialized ditching them altogether on the affordable to a normal person 09 enduros. Do you think my fears are confirmed that the E150s are too much trouble?
    My main concern is that its about 150 miles round trip to my Specialized dealership here in Wales. Which means if I'm gonna have to be continually brining the bike back to get the forks fixed or serviced its gonna be a real pain.
    I should also say that whilst I do most of the maintenance of my bike, taking apart the fork to service it myself (as some folks on here have done)would be a bit too much for me I think.
    Any help or advise that could help me out here would be much appreciated.

cheers

jt2
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

confused.....help please

Hi there guys,
    I've been keeping an eye on the developments of the Enduro SL for a while now via mtbr.
    So I wondered if anyone could give me some advise coz now i'm really confused as what to do.
    First off let me say I love the look of the Enduro SL with the E150 forks and for me its one of the major draws to the bike.
    I'm planning to buy an SL comp in the next couple of months but I'm not sure if I should get the 08 or the new 09 (with the safer bet of Fox forks).
    I've been worried by the amount of bad press the E150 forks have had. Even the 08 with its internal changes seem to have problems too.
    Now with Specialized ditching them altogether on the affordable to a normal person 09 enduros. Do you think my fears are confirmed that the E150s are too much trouble?
    My main concern is that its about 150 miles round trip to my Specialized dealership here in Wales. Which means if I'm gonna have to be continually brining the bike back to get the forks fixed or serviced its gonna be a real pain.
    I should also say that whilst I do most of the maintenance of my bike, taking apart the fork to service it myself (as some folks on here have done)would be a bit too much for me I think.

cheers

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    jt2,

I started writing this post telling you that you should probably just get the 08 if thats what you want as there are loads of people out there happy with their enduro sl's. I then thought about it - if it was my money I decided i would get the 09 with Fox, although I agree the E150 looks brilliant on the bike there is nothing worse than having a bike out of action stopping you ride. The fox forks are updated 15mm so they will be stiffer, they are still adjustable so you are only really losing the looks and a little stiffness over the E150.

I guess the bottom line is if your willing to take the risk of the E150 then go for 08, if you want proven reliability then 09 with fox is the way to go.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Fox Forks and Shocks are far from perfect, they go bad as well. Their customer service is questionable and doing self sevices on any Fox equipment is not easy. Just so you know.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I don't think you'll ever find a product that's perfect, however i would say in the grand scheme of things fox (opinions on performance aside) are a leader in suspension and have a good track record and generally quite dependable. However from what i've heard and read spesh have been very good at warranty and replacement.

Hand me a fox fork and a spesh E150 and i'd take the fox at this moment in time. I'd rather have the E150 but i'd hedge my bets on the fox. I am basing most of my opinions on what i have read and been told about the E150 and like stated earlier there has to be a reason for the drop of in-house forks on lower end models for 09, why spend a ton of money on R&D and then not keep using it. I guess this is a bad thing for 09, lose a cool fork and up the price of bikes.

All of this is just my opinion so take it as you will.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_MSK
    i think the same) i want to buy lyrik solo air, or fox 36 float R. our riders tells that lyrik much better works than fox 36 with our bad service in Moscow. their repairs in 1 place and it cost $$$ ) we cannot find\buy spare parts for fox & sometimes waiting about 3-5 weeks for the repair.
    for the lyrik solo air u could adjust travel too) spacers in fork.

Head Tube Height - 108mm. i am affraid about it. my cross country Cube reaction have 120 mm. it is magic m5 alloy ))?
    http://www.cube-bikes.de/xist4c/web/...844_.htm#anker

now i have only frame , w\o shock & headset, but i looking for CK NoThreadSet and try to find any information about dhx 5.0 air \ rp23 on enduro sl.

i think that dhx air is too much plush for enduro.
    rp23 is much better for trail\enduro riding. but my weight 83 kg and i loved agressive ride.

so, now i try to imagine specification of my "ultimate\best bike" for everething (trail\enduro\mountains)
    what's crazy is I actually read this post WITH a Russian accent!

Austin, Texas
    I recently purchased the 2008 Enduro Expert(my 2nd Enduro) specifically for the E150. If anything, Specialized has demonstrated they will stand behind their product. The fork is too stiff and performs too well for me to ride anything else.
    Austin, Texas

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chameleoneel
    If they do offer the 2009 upgrade to previous year owners, I'd hope its internals are compatible with the brown forks. I really like the brown and silver scheme of my comp and think a giant black fork would ruin its look.
    I bought an '08 Enduro Comp in December which supposedly had the fixed '08 internals in the e150... However, I blew a cartridge and had a number of other issue after only a few rides. As part of the warranty, my LBS contacted Specialized and had them ship a new left leg cartridge. I'm not sure if the cartridge is '09 or not, but I'll say this much: it feels infinitely better! The fork performs like a dream! And what's more is the internals actually LOOKED different (slightly different chamber dimensions, etc.). So my guess is that YES, you can get the '09 internals in the '08 fork. Either that or they improved the "'08" internals AGAIN at the end of the year...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jt2
    Hi there guys,

cheers
    Once you get all the kinks worked out, the fork and shock is amazing... And Specialized stands by everything... FInd an '08 leftover and upgrade the fork internals when you need to. Trust me, it's worth it.
    Last edited by SurfSailRide; 01-28-2009 at 01:48 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Oh Good so this pesky fab will be over in about a week.

mtbr member

E150 - Too much fork?

Okay, let me throw this one out there for all you Specialized experts.

A little over a year ago I picked up a used (not even a scratch!) 2004 FSR Enduro Expert frame (the monocoque style) and Fox Float RL rear shock. I proceeded to build up the bike with parts that I had on hand and a few that I purchased. The fork that I was running at the time on my old "Goose IBOC Comp was a Rock Shox SID XL dual crown. Other than the fork being a bit flexy under my 205 lbs, the setup actually worked alright.

I just came across a deal on ebay and picked up an E150 fork/DT front wheel combo. Bolted everything up last night (haven't taken it out as my handlebar is the old 25.4mm), and the fork looks sweet - if not a little overpowering for the bike.

Question is: when comparing the E150 to the old SId, the E150 jacks the front of the bike up by a good 2" over the SID. I'm wondering if the older (2004) FSR geometry isn't going to work well with a taller fork. Also, comparing the available travel with the fork to the rear shock (I think set to lomng travel it's around 140mm), is this going to be too much fork for this particular model FSR? Or, should I just shut up and ride the thing?

Thanks!

Wait, what!?
    Hey, not too sure if you have the travel adjust set to the lower/shorter setting (I feel terrible for not being 100% confident that its 130mm) but that would help out a bit too, if you stuck it in that spot and just left it. Post some pics of that ride!

Loser

Climbling

Quote Originally Posted by CT_woods_FSR
    Question is: when comparing the E150 to the old SId, the E150 jacks the front of the bike up by a good 2" over the SID. I'm wondering if the older (2004) FSR geometry isn't going to work well with a taller fork. Also, comparing the available travel with the fork to the rear shock (I think set to lomng travel it's around 140mm), is this going to be too much fork for this particular model FSR? Or, should I just shut up and ride the thing?

Thanks!
    Shut up and ride! :-D

I don't know the measurements exactly, but it surely will jack up the front of your bike compared to the SID. The impact of that will be that keeping your tire on the ground when you climb will be difficult and you'll find the steering floppy rather than crisp. As Enduroblood says you can use the Altitude adjustment to drop the front end. I assume you could ride indefinitely in the lowered position. I think I remember a formula that says something like 10 mm loses you a degree of head angle, so 2" would do really bad things.

Also I believe you will void the warranty by putting a dual crown on that frame - I would bet that is a disclaimer in the warranty itself.

John (CT rider as well)

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info John. As soon as I get it all together I'll take it for a ride and report back.

As for the warranty - I got the frame on ebay for a song so not too worried about it. I think most warranties only apply to the original owner anyhow.

Hey, if it doesn't work, there may be an E150 back up for sale at some point.

Next issue - I just picked up a set of Formula Oro K24 brakes (also ebay) which just came in today and the hoses are too short. Looks like my easy bolt-together is going to take a little longer.....

John, let me know where you ride.

Loser
    Keep me in the loop on the sale of the e150 if you go there...

I ride Snip/Soapstone, Case, Middlesex, Bigelow, Mesh, Cockaponset, Salmon River, Millers, Grayville, Nathan Hale - the regular spots.

You?

John

Oh and if you do run the FSR with the e150 - keep an eye on the head tube for cracks - its not designed for that much travel and it will put extra pressure on that part of the bike.
    Last edited by Jisch; 10-20-2009 at 01:51 PM.

mtbr member
    I'll keep an eye on the headtube. The other variable that I do not know is what stock forks were available for this bike - meaning travel, altitude, and effective head angle. I just don't want it to handle the tight N.E. trails like an old clapped out Caddie - wallowing though the stuff. Once I get the correct bars bolted on and some new brake lines, I'll give 'er a rip and see.

Hey, the aforementioned Rock Shox SID XL came off my 1994 Mongoose IBOC Comp. That bike originally came with a Manitou Comp fork so switching to the Rock Shox lifted the front end, but made for an extremely sweet tight-trail bike (actually, the frame - sitting in my basement - is still in excellent shape and seemed to handle the dual crown fork just fine. I will keep an eye on the Specialized, even though I really don't go off any drops more than 4 or 5 feet.

I haven't been out as much over the past few years as I'd like (kids, house, almost 40, etc.), but hit some local trails behind my house (Boneyard in Meriden), West Hartfoed Res is always good, Used to ride Soapstone a lot when I lived in Enfield, been to Middlesex. After I get this bike sorted I'll let you know and maybe we can meet up.

mtbr member
    Hey, not too sure if you have the travel adjust set to the lower/shorter setting (I feel terrible for not being 100% confident that its 130mm) but that would help out a bit too, if you stuck it in that spot and just left it. Post some pics of that ride!
    Thanks for the tip EB. The fork does have the altitude adjustment which I think drops it 40mm down to around 120mm? I have to look again.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I finish putting it together. I just kind of screwed myself up - took off the old Hayes brakes to install some Formula K24's that I got off ebay - damn lines are too short. Back to sourcing more parts.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jisch
    Oh and if you do run the FSR with the e150 - keep an eye on the head tube for cracks - its not designed for that much travel and it will put extra pressure on that part of the bike.
    Funny thing is, John, the monocoque Enduro frame looks as strong if not stronger than the newer tube-type frames. My top "tube" and bottom "tube" (as a monocoque-type frame) are joined by welds for some distance before splitting off toward the seat tube and bottom bracket. Not saying that it is, but it would seem.....

mtbr member
    This is essentially what I have - except that I chose to add the E150 fork. So, according to the 2004 specs, the stock fork was a Fox Float RL Talas with 80 to 125 mm adjustable travel. The E150 has 110 to 150 mm adjustable travel. So, I'm guessing that 25mm isn't going to make that much of a difference. Maybe my old SID was just extremely short and caused the front to sit much lower. I'll give a ride report once I get everything together.

Anyone else ever mount an E150 onto an older frame? Anyone? Bueller? I know that I'm beating a dead horse, but just want to see if anyone else has any opinions. This is a great forum and has been responsible for me buying quality parts.

mtbr member
    Enduroblood, here are a couple of shots of the Enduro. Sorry for the crappy photos as the only ones that I have of the bike so far either have my ugly face or fat arse in them! Hey, this was up in New Hampshire this past summer taking my 13 year old nephew out for his first "mountain biking" trail ride on his WalMart bike. Mild is an understatement.

BTW, these are when the bike still had the old SID XL fork on it. I'll get some newer shots when it's back together.

Loser
    Apologies for my reading comprehension! I thought I read this was a Stumpjumper...

I think it will be fine on that bike, other than the A-C height.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jisch
    Apologies for my reading comprehension! I thought I read this was a Stumpjumper...

I think it will be fine on that bike, other than the A-C height.
    Not to drag this thing on too much longer, but I ran it by Specialized customer service (already expected a certain type of answer, but wanted to ask just the same). Got a reply back that it will raise the front by 40mm over stock and may put undue stress on the headtube, etc. Was not recommended.

I think I can live with 40mm. I also just realized that when I had the old SID XL on the Mongoose, I pulled the fork tubes up in the clamps so the front altitude wasn't too high (hey, the 'Goose was from the canti brake era when 80mm of suspension was alot!). I never brought the fork tubes back down when I mounted the fork on the FSR - this would account for such a drastic height variation between the SID XL and the E150.

Okay, enough about this topic. I hope to have the brake line, handlebar, bleed kit, etc. in a few days to (hopefully) get this thing back together. I'll let you know how it rides.

Members who have read this thread: 0