mtbr member
    May 2009

e120 service manual

does anyone have the service manual for the 09 e120 fork im looking to do the lower leg service thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Hi Vinny,

We do not have any published suspension maintenance manuals as we recommend that these services be performed by Specialized authorized dealers and service centers.
    Visit my profile for Links to:

Performance Guarantee, Service, Setup, E150 Maintenance....

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Speci- Suspension Tech
    Hi Vinny,

We do not have any published suspension maintenance manuals as we recommend that these services be performed by Specialized authorized dealers and service centers.
    Yes I know that (and it annoys the crap out of me) thatís why Iím asking on the forum and why I didnít waste my breath contacting specialized. Annoying because you recommend that I bring my pride and joy to a teenager or shop owner who has not got the training or any idea what heís doing to read a manual supplied by you (IF IM LUCKY HE MIGHT REQUEST ONE) and do a job far worse than I would ever do.
    I live in Ireland there is no training available to bike shop mechanics here. They are self trained and useless.
    To give you some examples. I brought my bike to a shop to have a headset fitted because I donít have a press and did I not want to buy one because of the expense, I asked the mechanic if I could watch him do it he said he did not mind, I saw him about to fit the new headset without grease and without cleaning the mud from the area and to make it worse he was going to use a piece of wood and a hammer b4 I stopped him, I bought a press.
    Before that another shop over tightened my wheels 6 months later the rims split. Last year a different shop again in Dublin damaged my 2003 marzocchi SLís and I had to buy a new cartridge (I had them serviced every year in the UK) the bike was in for a service and it came back worse than it went in.
    I have no faith in Irish shops I have ten years as a precision engineer and 2 as an aircraft mechanic in which we are trained to follow manuals and use torque wrences (of which I own two) which is more experience than the teenager or roadie in my local shop. I will send my shock and forks directly to specialized every year, but no bike shop in Ireland will work on my bike ever again. May be specialized should insist on trained and qualified mechanics in there authorised dealership. If you have directly trained any mechanics in Ireland can you please supply their names and shops they work in here on the forum? I will be shocked if you can.
    Just one more question. Myself and i am sure everyone else on this forum would appreciate an honest answer to, why do you not supply manuals to untrained but Competent owners but you do to untrained shop owners and the untrained people (they call them mechanics) they employ. Is it so they can charge us money in return for selling your bikes? because lets be honest if we damage the forks your not going to fix them for free and you would make money from the repairs.
    Ps I own a 2008 Sworks stumpy which I love.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Hi Vinny,

I understand there are people that prefere and are more than capable of maintaining their own components. If it were up to me I would support your request, but as a company to limit liability we do not have printed maintenace manuals.

If you would like to work with an Authorized Service Center, UK service center will gladly service your suspension for you.
    Visit my profile for Links to:

Performance Guarantee, Service, Setup, E150 Maintenance....