mtbr member

E-150 Futureshock Brake Adapter

What type of adapter should i use for my new brakes? :confused:
    the setup is : E-150 Fork - Shimano Post mount caliper - 25mm Specialized Hub - 185mm rotor (6H).

I try a lot of adapters, even from a Boxxer but nothing...:madman:
    Greek DownHiller
    [SIZE="3"]www.downhill.gr[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    The E150 fork uses a "20mm thru axle" style brake adapter. These 20mm type adapters are a little wider than the normal QR adapters. I use Hayes and Avid brakes, and to fit my 8" rotors on my E150 forks and I always purchase the Hayes or Avid 203mm adapter that is made for 20mm thru axles.

In the link below, look at the Shimano drawings for Item#12 (normal 203mm QR adapter) and Item#15 (20mm 203mm adapter), you can see the Item15/20mm one is thicker:
    http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/te...9830648548.pdf

Shimano uses the term "Marzocchi" to describe their 20mm thru axle style adapters. In looking at Shimano tech docs and Universalcycles website, I don't see a listing for a "marzocchi/20mm" adapter for the 185mm rotor that you would need. They have one for 160mm and 203mm. Maybe best if you get a 203mm rotor and universalcycles Item#18669-42797 adapter:
    http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...69&category=31

I have read a post where someone said you could use 4mm shims to try to fit a 185mm rotor, but don't know where you'd find or make accurate shims for that purpose.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    In other words what White Dog means is: You have to use 203mm Rotor up front unless you want to do some jury rigging.

mtbr member
    ok guys thanks!
    Greek DownHiller
    [SIZE="3"]www.downhill.gr[/SIZE]