mtbr member
    Jan 2004

durability of the format SL saddle

Hi...

Iīm looking for a new saddle, as a XC racer I want something durable and if itīs lightweight even better. I know for experience of mine and other friends, that those ultralight carbon saddles more sooner than later end up with broken rails or broken shells...I was looking at the specialized formal SL saddle, and it seems a good compromise between strenght and weight. Also, understanding that old phrase that states that the contact points between the rider and the bike should fit and be as most confortable as possible (handlebars, pedals and saddle)...

So, let me know your thoughs please!

BTW Iīm asking about the format, because I have tested it and it fits well. Also, the phenom and the upper range saddles donīt fit me very well (too rigid or too much padding)...the padding of the format is rigid enough...IMHO

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    20 people have seem this message and no one of them knows what am I asking?..

Come on guys!, donīt be shy...

thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Bump....
    Has anyone tried it yet?.....

pin it ya fairy
    Jun 2009

... and if we just ...

the format is an awesome saddle, a little on the heavier side, but amazingly great for long epics, if your looking for a lighter saddle check the phenom gel sl, otherwise format all the way best i have ever had, i have tried the phenom, perfect for race, but not a great all rounder. ill never use another saddle again