mtbr member
    Dec 2004

DU Bushings - A better alternative???

I'm riding an 04 SJ FSR. The original bushings lasted over a year, until I noticed what I now know is "The Play". Since then, I've had to replace the bushings twice, each set lasting only 6-8 weeks. Does anyone know of a better alternative that will fit the SJ with the triad shock? PUSH, Jon Whyte....anybody? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

mtbr member

Beer can

Cut to fit.I suppose rubber might be healthier.This might not be good advice.

mtbr member
    If your reducers are 35.5mm wide then you can use the Whyte bushings. Guaranteed for life.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RkyMtnHigh
    I'm riding an 04 SJ FSR. The original bushings lasted over a year, until I noticed what I now know is "The Play". Since then, I've had to replace the bushings twice, each set lasting only 6-8 weeks. Does anyone know of a better alternative that will fit the SJ with the triad shock? PUSH, Jon Whyte....anybody? Thanks.
    If yours is the newer frame style, do you have a "mudflap"?
    I'm convinced the main problem is the lower shock bushing is getting everything thrown off the tire, and the mudflap getting in the way should make a huge difference in bushing life. My '01 doesn't have that option, so I replace the bushing and reducers more than I would like. My upper bushing and reducers last way longer, which is why I think tire-debris is the issue.