I'm looking at replacing the Progressive 5th Element with a DT Swiss HVR 200 instead of the usual DHX 5.0 Air. The 5th Element is on the way out and I don't think itís worth trying to get it fixed. I use the bike for all day trail rides and don't really think I need the weight of a coil shock, and I would like to make the bike pedal a bit better than it does with the DHX. So I found these DT Swiss HVR 200 shocks with the correct length and stroke.

http://www.dtswiss.com/index.asp
Variant HVR 200 222 mm
Weight 236 g
Range of application mountain
Value top end
Length 222 mm (8.75")
Stroke 63.5 mm (2.5")
Sticker red/black/chrome
Specials extremely light, fail-safe, ergonomic, adjustable rebound, large air chamber diameter, optimized spring rate with movable boundary, elastomer negative spring, ball bearing, service friendly, full service is available thanks to the world-wide dealer network, retrofitable with remote control system.

Looks like a very nice shock and you can get a handlebar mount for the pedal platform control. I really want to build my Enduro up into a nice, light easy to pedal machine that I can use for long rides and maybe some endurance racing. So has anyone seen this done before or got any feedback?