mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Dropper post can't go all the way the seat tube!

I just acquired a 2010 Enduro Comp small and I'm loving the bike so far but....
    It came with a 100mm Command Post Blacklite, and with it bottomed out in the seat tube(5 1/2 mark at the top of seat post clamp) and fully extended it is a little too high for me, and too high for comfort fully dropped for descents. Looking through the seat tube with a flashlight, it looks like it can go a bit more down, but it looks like there is a very very slight bulge that may be stopping the post from going further. That bulge is right where the top tube bottom weld is at right above the suspension pivot.
    Is this bulge by design a stopper or was it a deformation caused by the weld?
    I want to glue some sandpaper to a dowel and try to sand the bulge out but I'm afraid I'm going to weaken the tube or the weld.

I considered trading the post for, or buying a 75mm version but with it fully extended at my preferred extended height, it still wouldn't drop down far enough for my liking.

The only other thing I can think of is trimming 10mm off the bottom of the post. There is about 12mm room between the bottom of the post and the locking circlip. I think that 10mm might be just enough.

What should I do?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I wouldn't recommend trimming any off the post. First recommendation is to call Specialized and see what can be done. Have you talked to LBS about it as well. If it is gona be trimmed, let a Spec dealer do it, you gotta remember theres is 40 psi air pressure in that thing. It may not seem like a lot, but it's enough to hurt ya.
    2012 Specialized Hardrock Sport 29
    2014 Specialized Stumpjumper Elite