mtbr member

Does anyone know if a set of 2011 Industry Nine wheels will work on a 2011 Epic? 142?

Like I said in the title, how can I get these wheels to work on my 2011 Epic Comp Carbon? Do I need a special adapter? I e-mailed I9 a few weeks ago and never got a response from them. I know I've read some people on here have these wheels and they ordered a 142 rear axle, but I see no such product on I9's website.

I am looking to upgrade to these soon. Thanks for any info.

mtbr member
    I believe someone has them on a black S-works 29er, check in the 2011 29er thread

mtbr member
    Yeah I thought so too, I've been trying to track down exactly what is needed. Like precisely what did he buy to make it work? I'll try to call I9 tomorrow and narrow it down I guess, hopefully they can tell me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    You need to get an axle converter kit...I believe its going from a 130 to a 142

New Zealand
    Feb 2011
    If you do get set up successfully, please share what you did, good luck. Would like I-9s laced to Crest or similar.

Compatable Hubs are on this link and the I-9's are on board.
    http://www.syntace.com/index.cfm?pid=1&pk=1314
    The converter is somewhat explained on this link.
    142+ Explained Graphically
    Enjoying it on
    11 Spec Epic Expert Carbon 29r
    12 Spec Tarmac S-Works SL4

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xmangox
    Like I said in the title, how can I get these wheels to work on my 2011 Epic Comp Carbon? Do I need a special adapter? I e-mailed I9 a few weeks ago and never got a response from them. I know I've read some people on here have these wheels and they ordered a 142 rear axle, but I see no such product on I9's website.

I am looking to upgrade to these soon. Thanks for any info.

I'm running I9s laced to Stan's ZTR rims on my 2011 Epic Expert Evo R 29er without any problems. I got them through I9 set up as 142. You just need the coversion kit to make it work. Give them a call or find your closest I9 dealer.
    Specialized BG FIT Master Technician

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Try contacting I9 again. I had some questions for them and they were quick to respond and answered all of my questions.