mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Difference in frame geometry between 2010 and 2012 Stumpjumper Comp 29 frames

So I cracked my 2010 Stumpjumper Comp 29 hardtail and Specialized is replacing it with a 2012 frame . I noticed they changed the frame design a little and also the geometry as well. Does anybody have any feedback on how the ride and fit compares between the two frames? I also noticed the seat tube diameter changed from 30.9 to 27.2 as well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Check Specialized website.

They list the geometry of the frames each year on thier website. Assuming both of your bikes are 29'ers I doubt there will be much difference in fit or performance. Both are alloy frames? If you have the stock wheels that came on the Comp it might be a good chance to upgrade. You can save over a pound of rotional weight with a wheetset swap. Consider some Stans Crests or similar. For around $500 dollars they will completly change the ride of your bike.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Yes both aluminum frames. I changed the wheels out to Stan's a couple of years ago and the bikes weight isn't bad at 24 lbs. If you look at the frame geometry for both years there has been a change in the HT and ST angles as well in some changes to measurements such as the top tube length, wheelbase, etc. That's what I'm most interested in hearing about. I'm supposed to get the new frame Wednesday so if anyone is interested I'll provide some feedback.