mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Difference Between Rock Shox Lyrik IS on Enduro SL Expert and this Years Lyrik?

On the 2010 Specialized Enduro Sl Expert the fork is a "RockShox Lyrik IS 2-step, 115/160mm travel, tapered alloy steer, rebound and compression adj."

This year I cannot find any reference to the "IS" part of this fork in the Lyrik lineup.

I was wondering what the Lyrik IS is, when compared to this years Lyrik Forks, which are offered in various sizes and types called the R, RC, RC2L, RC2DH.

Long story short I dont know if the IS is something Specialized slapped on the name of this fork to try and make a buyer perceive this fork to be something greater than the basic Lyrik R fork, when it really is just that.

I am interested because I may be able to buy a 2010 Enduro Sl for a good price, but am trying to get the research done on the components.

never ender
    That's an OEM fork with a 2-step function, which obviously means it's not the basic Lyrik R. From what I remember, it's missing the compression adjustments on this year's aftermarket RC2L fork. Big companies like Trek, Specialized etc often spec components that aren't exactly the same as aftermarket stuff in order to keep their prices low. A new 2010 Enduro is likely to be a very good buy this late in the next model year, so I wouldn't let the fork bother you.

Rep Power Infinity +2
    The "IS" stands for integrated speedstack which can be found on the Lyrik RC. It does this:

All the small bump performance of Motion Control with the addition of high-speed compression control through an Integrated SpeedStack specifically designed for smoothing out the big hits seen by long travel forks. A crown-mounted low-speed compression knob lets you optimize the fork to eliminate brake diving and maximize efficiency with ease.

mtbr member
    I agree,
    the Lyrik IS should feel a lot more controlled and smoother than the basic Lyrik R,
    which misses a proper compression damper.

Greetings Znarf