mtbr member
    Jul 2008

diff epic brain 2007 vs epic brain 2008

hello,
    help me, What is the diferences between epic brain 2007 vs epic brain 2008.

because i dont know which frame buy? both are m5

thankyou

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I have just had my 07 specialized brain(not fox) replaced with the 08 brain on my carbon
    S-Works as part of the 1 year service(at service specialized are replacing 07's with 08's so at some time whatever you do you will end up with an 08). The performance of the two brains seems identical to me whilst out riding on the trail. I had no problems at all with my 07 and the 08 feels just as supple and responsive. The only difference I can see is that the adjusting dial on the top of the brain which sets the shock from firm to trail tuned is new. There used to be about 6 complete turns to adjust. Now the dial has a total of 1 and a half turns.
    It is obviously simplified with each click making a more obvious difference to the shock performance. You could see this as a negative change as the old dial made much less obvious changes per click but in reality it is easier and allows more than enough adjustment.
    Whatever happens you will end up with the 08 shock and brain at some time so go for the cheapest as I think the only difference to the bike otherwise was the colour. As long as you get the specialized brain and not the Fox one you can't go wrong.