mtbr member

DHX air on enduro Sl

Im considering putting a fox DHX air onto my SL...was wondering what the dimensions of the afr shock are and would I need any extra hard ware to mount the DHx onto the bike?

I'm "bad" different
    http://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/...nduroSLMan.pdf

page 8, 8.75" eye to eye, 2.5" of stroke. Don't know about the hardware because I'm not familiar enough with the DHX. Page 17 gives stock hardware dimensions. That might help if you know what the DHX requires.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    check out these threads. it might give you some info. i'm also considering doing the same on mine.

DHX Coil on Enduro SL 08 Things I should think about before I go for it!

DHX Air on Enduro SL

mtbr member
    May 2007
    DHX Air in the SL look´s very good:

mtbr member
    I was sure that shock measured 7.785 x 2.25

mtbr member
    Hey Franza thanx for the picture....U did exactly what I want to do for my enduro...DHX on the rear and a Fox 36 on the front...2 ?'s....Did the shock require reducers??? and if so where do I get them?? and how do you like your current setup as opposed to the AFR stuff??...I just wanna know if its worth the money considering I need a shock, Fork and a new hub or wheelset to go with the 20MM axle

-
    according to Specialized web site: 7.875x2.25"
    -ROXY

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by zx6roxy
    according to Specialized web site: 7.875x2.25"

It is 7.875x2.25.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by darkslide18
    Hey Franza thanx for the picture....U did exactly what I want to do for my enduro...DHX on the rear and a Fox 36 on the front...2 ?'s....Did the shock require reducers??? and if so where do I get them?? and how do you like your current setup as opposed to the AFR stuff??...I just wanna know if its worth the money considering I need a shock, Fork and a new hub or wheelset to go with the 20MM axle
    unfortunately this is not my bike I own only a SX-Trail
    The photo is from a guy in the German "MTB-News.de" forum.

Here are more picturs from him:
    http://fotos-alt.mtb-news.de/fotos/s...p/photo/380151

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    The Owners Manual has a bunch of specs listed different from the website. It lists the shock at 8.75 x 2.5, but the website lists 7.875 x 2.25

Another one is the wheelbase. On the large is it 1177mm (website) or 1122mm (owners manual)?
    And another is the Chainstay Length. Large is 421mm (website) and 424mm (owners manual).

I am inclined to trust the specs on the website because from everything I have read on here says the shock really is a 7.875x2.25 so inductive reasoning tells me that the website is the more credible of the two sources.

Who knows for sure?

mtbr member
    I'd contact Specialized directly, they'll be able to tell you of any compatibility issues and the correct size to get. I think the leverage ratio and placement favors the AFR shock over anything else... you might need to re-valve that shock or use the larger or smaller air canister to make the rear end ride properly.

mountain biker
    Does the Pitch has the same geometry as the Enduro? what's on the Pitch? that should help you figure this out...
    continuous growth is the strategy of a cancer cell.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I wonder if swapping shocks on the enduro voids the warranty as it does with the stumpy. Something to look into.