notabouttoseeyourlight

DHX Air on 05 Enduro Expert

Thought you guys might find this conversation interesting, read from bottom to top:

It sounds like your frame is a candidate for the DHX Air, you can order directly from us if you are interested.
    Fox Shox / 1-800-369-7469 xt 6550

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 8:57 AM
    To: Joey Avila
    Subject: Re: DHX Air retrofit for 2005 Specialized Enduro

8.75"x2.5"
    Their shock doesn't have a piggybank resi which I believe may be what has caused the fitting problems with the pierced seat-tube.

Thanks

On Oct 18, 2005, at 7:59 AM, Joey Avila wrote:

What size Progressive shock is currently in your frame?

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:10 AM

To: info@foxracingshox.com

Subject: DHX Air retrofit for 2005 Specialized Enduro

Do you guys offer a retrofitted DHX Air for the 2005 Specialized Enduro? I ride an Enduro Expert and would like to upgrade the stock 5th Element shock to one of your DHX Air shocks and I am curious to see if you offer a configuration that would fit the bike?

I have heard lots of talk on the subject but never a definitive answer as to whether or not you actually produce such a product.

Thanks for your time,

Eric Thompson

mtbr member
    I have the same bike and would like to do the same upgrade. Are you going to order one?

I'm actually also interested in fitting the DHX Coil.

notabouttoseeyourlight
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    I have the same bike and would like to do the same upgrade. Are you going to order one?

I'm actually also interested in fitting the DHX Coil.
    Yeah, I'm going to. I don't have the spare cash for it right now, but when I do I'm gonna order it straight from Fox for about $480.

I was thinking of the DHX coil but I was looking at pictures of guys who go at least 5 or 6 times bigger than me running a DHX air and never bottoming it or anything. I'll take that over the added weight of the coil.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I have the custom DHX air shock on my s-works 05 enduro as of last week, its reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly nice

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

Settings

Is that the DHX specialized one? How much air do you put in it is it your body weight in psi?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Yeah it is , i got it from mojo (uk fox importers), i have about 195psi in the main chamber for my weight of approx 180+lb with all my biking gear on. I can't put pressure in the boost valve as its capped off. Imo you could fit a proper retail dhx in there, and take it out if you want to adjust the boost valve pressure.

I got my s-works frame last week (silver) with the 5th shock. The 5th air has to be the most disgusting shock ive ridden. Im just impatient, and very lucky i had a massive discount on the 05 frame, so even buying and fitting the dhx turned out less expensive than a 06 s-works with dhx

Im coming from a bullit (almost bought a nomad but couldn't justify the extra cash on the frame) which was close to 39lb and a beast to ride up hills, ive built my enduro fairly light (cross max xl wheels, all xt etc, fox 36's), im sure it weighs around the 30lb mark and its by far the best bike ive ever ridden. Guess i'll post some pics soon ( because it looks dreamy)
    Last edited by djradium; 10-20-2005 at 03:08 PM.