mtbr member

DHX air on 03 s-works enduro?

Does anyone know if a DHX air will fit the 03 enduros? I currently have a 5th ele air.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

I'm Curious Too

I don't know if it fits but was talking to my buddy at the LBS and he says that would be the best upgrade. I have an 05 Enduro 130. The length of the DHX is slightly longer so that would give a steeper head angle and higher bottom bracket. On the 05 there is a 70.5 and 69.5 setting so the longer shock would give a 70.8 and 69.8(or something like that I don't know the exact amount of change). Personaly I don't use the 69.5 setting but probably would with a longer rear shock.

mtbr member
    the DHX air comes in 3 sizes that would fit the enduro 130. The 7.5 i2ix2.0, the 7.875x2.0 and the 7.875x2.25. Using a 7.875x2.25 gives the enduro 130 around 6" of travel .5 inch higher bb height but should be run in the slackest ht angle setting otherwise the ht angle will be really steep. Using the 7.5 i2i shock you can run the ht in the steeper setting but the bb and travel will be decreased then with the stock shock. The stock shock has a 7.65 i2i so there is no perfect swap. I was wondering which of the 2 7.875i2i shocks would work better the 2.0 or 2.25 stroke and if it will physically fit without the bottom out canister hitting the frame.

grumpy northerner
    Mar 2004
    I doubt it'll fit in any length - the can end will be too fat to clear the flipflop linkage and too big full stop to fit under the seatpost. An RP3 would definitely fit though - I had one on my Enduro for about 11 months.

mtbr member
    what lenght rp3 where you using? Would it be better than the 5th ele air?