Thread: Demo 8 sizing?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

New question here. Demo 8 sizing?

I am thinking of getting a demo 8 frame to replace my demo 7. I am 5'9" so I could go either way for a large or medium. I ride a medium now but, I am not sure because I am suppose to get a little taller (I'm only 16). I think stick with a medium, but what do you think?
    Go BIG or Go HOME

The Other Dude
    I am 5'10" and normally ride a large on my Stumpy. SXT and other XC and AM bike, i went for the medium on the demo, and so did my buddy that is 6'. I just like a slightly smaller bike for DH.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Demos usually run about a size small in the cock pit. I am 6ft 3in and i ride a large and the cockpit of my bike feels really small, if you are still growing you may want to consider the large. Just depends on what you are doing with the bike, if you are a racer go with the large ( large has longer wheelbase) and if you are going to free ride it go with the med.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    It will be used maily for Northstar and a little freeriding at my local jumps.
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    How much more growing do you expect to do? How did you like the feel of your Demo 7? Did you take the plate out of the demo 7 shock? If you did then it has almost identical travel as the 8 does IIRC.