mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Demo 8 for freeride

Is freeriding the demo 8 doable?
    I know the Demo 7 is a freeride bike but I kinda don't want a single crown.
    My big concern is going up steep lips. In my past experiences with big bikes on steep lips the forks tend to compress and suck up all your speed and then your screwed...
    So any information on this would be great.
    Thank you.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Ohh. One more thing. What is the warranty for the demo 8?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    a single crown can soak up the lips just the same as a double. It's about the setup truthfully. Those 2 frames are so similar I'd think you could really do FR/DH on either, depending on setup.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    except for geo, which makes all the difference. If you're talking about a pre 07 demo, then a demo 8 is great for freeride. If you're talking about an 07, 08, or 09 demo, then the demo 7 is alot more suited towards FR. Of course you go can do both on either frame, but the demo 8 is very low, very slack, and long - its a full blown DH race bike.

as far as jumps, theres nothing thats gonna be different between SC and DC forks for steep jumps - if anything, the DC fork on a demo 8, being longer, will suck up more of the jump. Obviously neither will take steep BMX/hardtail DJ's very well but as far as doing big tables/doubles etc, its about technique. Either should be good for it.