Page 82 of 105 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2605
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Hmm...just realized that I called yours a 2012..don't know what I was thinking

Here's my 2011 Stumpy

Rockin' it stock for right now (college=no bike money), but it's holding up well. I've converted it to tubeless, and modded the rear tire to grip better. (pictured below). I have never had good luck with The Captain on anything other than dry hardpack (and it's still not the best on that). Just cutting every other center lug has done wonders for the tire, definitely brought it up to something worth using. I'm possibly planning on going 2x10, looking into a new wheelset, and will be getting new tires soon.

Hey Hutch, does your rear brake squeal like crazy? Mine, and a buddy who has your color scheme, both have issues with our rear brake. We contacted Avid through our LBS and they are sending us each their new rotor (heat shedding something or other), caliper bracket, brake pads and suggesting to rotate the rear banjo downward. If you're having rear brake issues, talk to your LBS, apparently this has been a real problem and Avid is warrantying the parts.
    Mountain bikers who don't road ride have no legs...
    Road riders who don't mountain bike have no soul...

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS View Post
    Here's my 2011 Stumpy
    Hey Hutch, does your rear brake squeal like crazy?
    I like it! Figured you would be a 29er not a 26er cause of your height. Smart idea with the siping on the rear. I thought about doing that as it's very dry around here and need something that rolls fast. As for my brakes, sometimes they did (F/R) but after changing the pads they don't anymore. They actually work now compared to how shitty they felt before. I forget what brand my LBS ordered but I told them to get something that isn't going to squeal like a stuck pig and for a good price. I'll ask them if you want. Thanks for the heads up though.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

mtbr member
    I am curious on those brake pads, my front's are near perfect, but the rears have that horrible Avid Turkey Gobble to the extreme.

Yeah I'm a 26'er, so much more fun
    Mountain bikers who don't road ride have no legs...
    Road riders who don't mountain bike have no soul...

mtbr member
    Just bought last week!!
    2012 Enduro Evo
    2012 Enduro Evo
    2011 Canfield Formula1 Jedi

mtbr member
    I don't think I've ever posted mines,or at least not in this section of the forum.
    It's all good except for the fact that they're all the same color combination,my riding buddies sometimes can't tell right away when I'm using the Epic or the Stumpy. Sorry for the Roubaix,definitely an OT here. Should I decide to to keep the Stumpy instead of swapping it for a 29 counterpart I will seriously consider to have it painted either in red or bad @ss stealth black.
    Notice the red S on the Stumpy,it's a sticker I've placed on all 3 of them,it's a sort of good luck charm/signature I place right after I've finished assembling them and I have to say it makes a nice contrast.
    I love having 3 bikes and I consider myself very lucky for this,but I would say 2 is the perfect combination as 1 out of 3 is the one that gets least used,and that's the lovely Stumpjumper. Unfortunaltely when you get used to a 29 it's very hard to go back to small wheels.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A dedicated thread to show off your Specialized bike-img_0349.jpg  

A dedicated thread to show off your Specialized bike-img_0678.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TX_187 View Post
    2012 Stumpy Elite- First ride
    Hey TX 187, I am seriously considering getting this bike come fall, how do you like it? This is the one bike I have been looking at.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    2008 Stumpjumper Comp 29er. Used to be a personal bike of the regional sales manager for Specialized, now my intro to the world of mountain biking. Can't wait to get her a bit dirtier.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    2012 Stumpy Carbon 29er

2012 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Carbon 29er

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    You got some nice bikes people...thumbs up to all of you...

Compelling, and rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailBlazr View Post
    2012 Stumpy Carbon 29er
    That is one fine looking hardtail.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    The complete family of specialized bikes.

And my newest addition Epic Expert

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CasteelG View Post
    That is one fine looking hardtail.
    Thanks!
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Carbon 29er

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Awesome bike every one!! I can't post a picture yet but I have a very simple 2012 hard rock se.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    A dedicated thread to show off your Specialized bike-photo.jpg

A dedicated thread to show off your Specialized bike-photo-2-.jpg

A dedicated thread to show off your Specialized bike-photo-3-.jpg

A dedicated thread to show off your Specialized bike-photo-5-.jpg

My 2011 Camber All Mountain build

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hey, allenfstar, how are you liking the Monarch Plus? I'm trying to decide between your shock and saving a bit more and getting a DHX air. I'm on an RP23 and it get some heat soak and blows through its travel faster on some of the faster, rougher trails i ride.

Any input is appreciated

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    been using the shock since march (replaced the stock ario) been very happy with it so far i do mostly trail riding but there are some 3-4ft drops and its pretty ruff, feels like the bike is just floating. Hopefully will be doing some lift access this year with it

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TX_187 View Post
    2012 Stumpy Elite- First ride
    how you liking that so far looking into that bike for my next one

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    my 2005 specialized hardrock sport. my bestmates dad owned it first (1st pic). then it was past on to my bestmate. then he brought a new bike so he gave me this hardrock an iv did a few things to it. i have upgraded everything except the forks and crank atm. 2nd pic is when i did a tiny bit too it, & 3rd pic is how it is now

old components:

shimano c1 gear shifters
    shimano acera front derailluer
    shimano acera rear derailluer
    shimano hg-50 cassette 8speed
    shimano ig-31 chain
    shimano v-brakes
    michelin wildgripper hot s 26'' tyres
    alex rims front and rear
    rst gilla t5 100mm travel forks
    truvativ x-flow crank

new components:

sram x4 gear shifters
    sram 3.0 front derailluer
    sram x4 rear derailluer
    shimano br-m375 brake calipers front and rear
    hayes v6 discs
    maxxis advantage 26'' tyres
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A dedicated thread to show off your Specialized bike-25863_381857259098_689994098_3603578_4188947_n.jpg  

A dedicated thread to show off your Specialized bike-p020910_07.310001.jpg  

A dedicated thread to show off your Specialized bike-img_0242.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatt2801 View Post
    Hi everyone, I can't start a thread without posting 5 times do I'm here to ask for some advice.

I own a specialized pitch pro. Cannot afford to buy a new bike but can upgrade parts.

The bike rides nice. It I feel the rear shock isnt as good as it could be. Would a fox DHX AIR fit and be compatible for this bike. What size would I need to buy as looking at the specs it is hard to know the length I need.

Any recommendations for a good shock for mainly DH riding. I do the mega and need something that can take it.

Hope you can help

Matt
    If you gonna ride DH mostly, you should consider a coil spring shock as they tend to be more sensitive in the rough stuff than an air shock, and provide more travel.

Check with Spec to confirm the required length stroke etc...

mtbr member
    I'll have to look for the spec again as I struggled earlier.

Will a coil spring put too much pressure in the frame? I mean they may have put an air one on for a reason.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I'll have to look for the spec again as I struggled earlier.

Will a coil spring put too much pressure in the frame? I mean they may have put an air one on for a reason.
    Ya the air shock is there because for 140-160mm travel it will suffice and a coil will be overkill and unnecessary weight. The Pitch was designed as an AM rig not a DH rig and is intended to ride in AM conditions (weight and pedalling efficiency).
    Once you get into the 180-200mm travel range, the compression/rebound of an air shock just isn't reactive or fast enough to keep up when say going over a rock garden at high speed (though that technology is rapidly changing as well).

I don't know what you're trying to ask re coil spring putting too much pressure in the frame. It actually is more plush than an air shock so if anything it may reduce the shock impact to the frame.

...things to know before you hit the mega...

mtbr member
    My main thought is just to upgrade it to a Fox DHX Air shock cos at the mo I have a fox R2.

If there is no really benefit in doing this then I may stick to what I have but what I have at the mo just visually looks weaker than a chunkier shock.

My knowledge of shocks is none so hence why I'm on here. Great feedback on the coil shock though. Makes sense and although I only ride DH the bike is all mountain. Just wish I could afford to upgrade my frame.

For those that have a pitch. Any recommendations for a rear shock or any particular set up.

Currently I am on standard speck shocks and suspension. Avid code disc breaks which are awesome and saint group set.

Thanks for everyone's responses.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    My main thought is just to upgrade it to a Fox DHX Air shock cos at the mo I have a fox R2.

If there is no really benefit in doing this then I may stick to what I have but what I have at the mo just visually looks weaker than a chunkier shock.

My knowledge of shocks is none so hence why I'm on here. Great feedback on the coil shock though. Makes sense and although I only ride DH the bike is all mountain. Just wish I could afford to upgrade my frame.

For those that have a pitch. Any recommendations for a rear shock or any particular set up.

Currently I am on standard speck shocks and suspension. Avid code disc breaks which are awesome and saint group set.

Thanks for everyone's responses.

Code and Saint...sick pairing! Both lines are designed for DH...i'm a little jelly.

THAT guy
    Few things left and it will be my dream set up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A dedicated thread to show off your Specialized bike-imag0069.jpg  

Bikes:
    2010 Spec Enduro comp.
    2013 Specialized Demo 8 (build)

mtbr member
    My bike before a few upgrades.

A dedicated thread to show off your Specialized bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336643331.922393.jpgA dedicated thread to show off your Specialized bike-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336643345.099143.jpg

Page 82 of 105 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 ... LastLast