Page 42 of 105 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2618
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    A dedicated thread to show off your Specialized bike-copy-my-bike.jpg

2007 Stumpjumper FSR. I rebuilt the bike before I ever rode it with full XT. The wheels were rebuilt with Sapim race spokes and XT hubs. Other highlights are Sram Rocket shifters, an AMP seat post, custom CK headset and a Thomson stem.

mtbr member
    My 09 FSRxc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A dedicated thread to show off your Specialized bike-specialized-09-fsrxc-001-3-resize-.jpg  

Religion = Non-thinking
    received new 2010 RH SL Pro

RH SL Pro

Wait, what!?
    I think your front tire is on backwards. Just as a heads up

Religion = Non-thinking
    yep it is, i was an idiot and was playing around w/ it,

i have diff tires on now, and they're on correctly =)
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member

07 Enduro

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A dedicated thread to show off your Specialized bike-dscf0829.jpg  

mtbr member
    2010 Stumjumper FSR Expert, just picked it up this week. The maiden voyage is tomorrow AM.

05 Specialized Stumpjumper(Sold), 06 Specialized Tarmac, 08 Specialized Transition
    2010 Stumpjumper FSR Expert (finally!)

Mines 29
    2008 Specialized Epic
    2010 Vassago Bandersnatch
    2009 Vassago FistiCuff
    2009 Vassago Jabberwocky
    www.BIGPIGRACING.org

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Just picked this up today. Brand new 2010 Stumpjumper basic. Added in the two Bontrager Race X-lite carbon cages, and took off the reflectors and spoke guard....24lbs 6oz

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    im jealous of the nice bikes you guys have, here's my hardrock to pull my 5 year old daughter, we LOVE it!!!

cougarbait
    Quote Originally Posted by p0rky
    im jealous of the nice bikes you guys have, here's my hardrock to pull my 5 year old daughter, we LOVE it!!!
    It doesn't matter what you ride as long as you're having fun

first road bike:

I've got one of these lined up to offset the skinny tires above
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Speaking of road bikes, this was my old toy....sold it at the end of summer once school started

cougarbait
    that's a wicked looking seatpost!!
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Ya, it was a full carbon post, liked to squeak a lot when my 230lb fat ass sat on it, but it was strong.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdamaster
    that's a wicked looking seatpost!!
    Thats not the seatpost. The E5 frame had an aero seat tube with a standard 27.2 seatpost.

mtbr member
    2010 s-works 29er ht 19" (ignore the stool)

S-Works all the bikes!
    Just another used cat for sale

all your base
    holy crap love your sig.

Religion = Non-thinking

RH SL Pro 2010
    Myka Comp 2009

RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Got in my shakedown ride, we've gotten like 6 inches of rain in the past week, so we had a couple axle-deep puddles today

Religion = Non-thinking
    Armadillo Nimbus Tires + KCNC SC Bone Flat bar

RH SL Pro

mtbr member

My Ebay Special...

Some pretty sweet looking bikes on here. Some of the hardtails make me want to start looking for a HT frame to build up....

Here's my project as it stands right now:

2004 FSR Enduro Expert Frame w/ Fox Float RL (Ebay)
    2008 (I think) E150 fork w/ DT Swiss hub and Mavic rim (Ebay)
    TruVativ Hussefelt riser bars with my old Zoom Boa bar ends from the mid-90s - hacked down and cut up. I don't care that they are a fashion faux-paus - they work for me.
    XTR rear hub/ Mavic rim (new purchase last year)
    Older (2003?) XT shifters and derailleurs from my old 'Goose build-up
    Formula Oro K24 disc brakes (Ebay)
    Crank Bros. headset (new purchase last year)
    Older (2003-ish) Deore crankset - square taper (old school - but hasn't failed yet!)
    Nashbar Shimano-knock-off pedals

I'm sure I'm missing a couple of things. Just last week I upgraded from a Rock Shox SID XL dual crown to the E150 and from Hayes So1e brakes to the Oro K24's. Finished the upgrade and took it out the next day to get it dirty. All said and done, probably have just under $1k into it. Need some meatier tires and will probably bump the front rotor up to 185mm. May also put a BETD link on it to balance out the front/rear travel. What do you think?

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=jrob1775]
    The bike is all built up and I have taken it on a couple of rides, so I can give you some impressions. I am a reformed xc racing geek who rides tight, twisty, technical trails in New England. For those of you not familiar with the area, it is VERY rocky with lots of roots and not much sustained climbing, but a lot of short steep pitches and rolling terrain.
    I ride an Enduro to handle the rock gardens at warp speed and for a little more cush on long 3 hour plus days in the saddle. I am not the type of rider that is doing 10' drops...waist high is fine with me. so I can't really give you any incite on how the bike will handle in those type of situations.
    /QUOTE]

I could have written this myself Jrob. Yeah, like you I am a reformed xc race geek who converted over to FS. New England riding is probably some of the toughest riding in the country. I've been up to Mt. Snow a few times in the past (live in CT), and I have to say that even in the dead of August with no rain for the past month, the woods, rocks, roots, logs are still just as slick and wet as if it rained yesterday. There is nothing like the technical rocky N.E. trails. Good write up and nice clean looking bike. I like the simpler, cleaner looking design of yours over the overly swoopy SL models.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=CT_woods_FSR]
    Quote Originally Posted by jrob1775
    The bike is all built up and I have taken it on a couple of rides, so I can give you some impressions. I am a reformed xc racing geek who rides tight, twisty, technical trails in New England. For those of you not familiar with the area, it is VERY rocky with lots of roots and not much sustained climbing, but a lot of short steep pitches and rolling terrain.
    I ride an Enduro to handle the rock gardens at warp speed and for a little more cush on long 3 hour plus days in the saddle. I am not the type of rider that is doing 10' drops...waist high is fine with me. so I can't really give you any incite on how the bike will handle in those type of situations.
    /QUOTE]

I could have written this myself Jrob. Yeah, like you I am a reformed xc race geek who converted over to FS. New England riding is probably some of the toughest riding in the country. I've been up to Mt. Snow a few times in the past (live in CT), and I have to say that even in the dead of August with no rain for the past month, the woods, rocks, roots, logs are still just as slick and wet as if it rained yesterday. There is nothing like the technical rocky N.E. trails. Good write up and nice clean looking bike. I like the simpler, cleaner looking design of yours over the overly swoopy SL models.

Thanks for the compliments on my bike. I like what you have done with yours too. Upgrading the SID xl to a E-150 is quite a jump. I had that fork on my last Enduro and loved the performance of it.

Enjoy the Fall N.E. riding!!!!
    Specialized BG FIT Master Technician

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=jrob1775]
    Quote Originally Posted by CT_woods_FSR

Thanks for the compliments on my bike. I like what you have done with yours too. Upgrading the SID xl to a E-150 is quite a jump. I had that fork on my last Enduro and loved the performance of it.

Enjoy the Fall N.E. riding!!!!
    Here's the ironic thing. I sold my SID XL on ebay to a guy in KY who just installed it on his Iron Horse FS bike, rode the bike around in the driveway and the left leg lower just snapped! I know that the guy is being honest as (through UPS tracking) he just received the fork a few hours before emailing me with the pictures. He didn't have a fork pump and had to bring the fork to the LBS to have it pumped up, then brought it home to install it on his bike, bounced up and down a few times, hit the front brake - snap! Refunding his money and he's sending the fork back to me. So, I end up with a dead SID XL, but it's the right thing to do. Glad I didn't ride it again and instead went for the E150!

BTW - this should be in a different thread, but here's the result of the slick fall N.E. riding. Bump on the leg has gone down but bruised ribs still hurt like hell from going over the bars on some slippery rocks.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.....

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Just got this on Monday after waiting for almost 3 months. Unfortunately I have been sick and unable to get out and have some fun.
    2008 FSR Elite

Page 42 of 105 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 ... LastLast