Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm Custom white paint job on my E150 Forks

thought I would show off my white paint job I did on my forks over the weekend. My SL is an 08 comp and I always disliked the poop bronze color of the forks and always like the White ones on the Higher end models. The Paint is PJ1 dirt bike frame paint and a clear coat...will see if it holds up....also did a fork service and slick honey treatment and will be riding in saint george this wekend will post a report on the performance of the forks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    wow----!! that looks really good, i also hate my bronz looking forks on my bike.,
    looks like you really did a nice job on the forks and the lettering on the chassis as well.

i am going to have to do something with my bike , ----i have just killed the paint and the bronz forks .

did you get the lettering right from your dealer ?

the thing looks great !!

mtbr member
    I got the lettering off of ebay.....like 5 bucks

mtbr member
    What process did you use to paint the fork? I have an 06 Stumpy. The Fox Float is Silver but I have always wanted to paint it black with simple Fox logos on the side.

mtbr member
    I stripped the paint off with paint stripper I bought at an auto zne and then wet sanded the chassis then primmed it with a few coats and then sprayed it with PJ1 frame paint from a dirt bike store with about 3 coats and then finished with a clear coat. The color is honda white....it worked out pretty good...Ill see how long it lasts might end up taking it to an auto body shop and have them do a professional job on it...oh yeah I also painted the Dual crown using the same process but with semi gloss black. I just couldnt stand the bronze color on the fork...If specialized is smart they will ditch that ugly color on there propriatary stuff and go with something a litle more appealing

trail demon
    Jun 2005
    Nice finish, matches the frame well. One comment I have, would it void the warranty?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    oh now i see the clamps and stem !! , that whole thing is really making me jelouse

i wish i had time to really work on my bikes , ------i am going to have to make time to do something on mine .

just a great job all the way around

mtbr member
    truthfully Im not sure if it would void the warranty seeing as how the paint scheme has nothing to do with how the internals of the fork operate....I mean if I can pull the forks apart and do my own services on them and still not void the warranty I dont see why some paint on the outers would make a difference....because ifI ever have to have anything warrantied its going to most likely be internal parts and not stanctions or sliders

Fat Guy Riding
    The problem with warranty service will be they'll use the paint as an excuse not to service and you'll have to fight them to get any service.

You may end up winning, but in the end, was it worth the effort?

mtbr member
    can of spray paint and you are still golden, however if you strip the paint and then repaint the fork or at least the frame.... voided warranty
    Quote Originally Posted by dropmachine.com
    The mountain bike buying public as a whole are remarkably stupid. They buy what they are told to by the media.

mtbr member
    I asked my bike shop today and said it wasnt a problem

100% italian mtbiker
    Oct 2007
    Super-cool!

mtbr member
    I guess Im one of those guys who has to fidget with stuff and never leave well enough alone...Me having a nice bike is like my uncle who likes to build hot rods....he is never realy done with what he builds....he is always looking for ways to improve....I guess I have his genes huh?? I have alot planned for this bike as far as components go but bills and rent come first. Plus my wife doesnt understand how I could be "unsatisfied" with the currnt setup of my ride....and that I hurt her felings because it was an early christmas present and I have tried to explain to her but to no avail....I guess u have to have the bug to understand right??? I told her she was pretty lucky considering that I gave her my 2007 stumpy FSR and am actually taking her for her first proper mountain b ike ride this weekend in saint george, utah...we will see if her tune changes after experiencing what I experience every time I throw a leg over a bike and just ride

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkslide18
    I asked my bike shop today and said it wasnt a problem
    I don't think the bike shop can make that determination. You should ask Specialized directly (via email for documented proof) and present the question as something you are considering, not something you have done.

Wait, what!?
    How is that paint holding up? Its looks really sweet, and I am trying to picture a white fork on my brown Expert. Not sure if a white fork and bars would look on my brown bike once I throw a few red parts on it. Too many colors clashing?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduroblood
    How is that paint holding up? Its looks really sweet, and I am trying to picture a white fork on my brown Expert. Not sure if a white fork and bars would look on my brown bike once I throw a few red parts on it. Too many colors clashing?
    i got the oldlady the enduro carbon med bike, ( i should have never let her test ride one at the ride day ) ----and it has the really beuitful clearcoat, and the white bars, white seat and grips and of course the white loewers on the fork.

then she had me add a white e-13 bash ring and a white set of tioga flat pedals .

and man the thing really makes my dull silver expert look like hell

i think a white fork, seat, bars,and grips would look really good on the brown bike ,

i don't know what i am going to do to my dull silver bike ------but it really looks old and hurt

Wait, what!?
    Yea, I am still going back and forth between red and white "accents" like brake levers, bash guard, pedals, skewers, seat clamps, yada yada yada. Just not sure if red, white, AND brown would all go together well, or if I should just stick with all white stuff.

Austin, Texas
    Fork looks sweet, how's the paint holding up?
    Austin, Texas

mtbr member
    thought I would show off my white paint job I did on my forks over the weekend. My SL is an 08 comp and I always disliked the poop bronze color of the forks and always like the White ones on the Higher end models. The Paint is PJ1 dirt bike frame paint and a clear coat...will see if it holds up....also did a fork service and slick honey treatment and will be riding in saint george this wekend will post a report on the performance of the forks.

The bike looks SWEET!!!!!!! You should paint the rocker link white to match the fork.

White is the new black

Jeff
    Specialized BG FIT Master Technician

Fat Skis/Fat Tires
    How is the paint holding up after 8 months of riding?

DEMO7
    Quote Originally Posted by e-bo-b
    How is the paint holding up after 8 months of riding?
    you should ask how the Lyrik is...

Fat Skis/Fat Tires
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaro_Dave
    you should ask how the Lyrik is...
    Oh, you're one of those e150 quitters. How did the paint hold up while you had it?

mtbr member
    yeah yeah...Im an E150 quitter.....blah blah.....The pain held up fine...but the fork didnt...too much time in the shop and not enough on the trail....The Lyrik I replaced it with is problem free and in my opinion is a better fork anyways.....Ive gone faster and more confident on my bike since the switch because Im not worried about a cartridge going out....oh well....I got the lyriks on clearance.....either way I think my bike is TITS lookin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fat Skis/Fat Tires
    yeah yeah...Im an E150 quitter.....blah blah.....The pain held up fine...but the fork didnt...too much time in the shop and not enough on the trail....The Lyrik I replaced it with is problem free and in my opinion is a better fork anyways.....Ive gone faster and more confident on my bike since the switch because Im not worried about a cartridge going out....oh well....I got the lyriks on clearance.....either way I think my bike is TITS lookin
    I am deeply hurt and saddened by your decision to turn your back on the e150. That demonstrates an alarming character deficiency on your part, and I weep for those who are close to you, as well as for the future of this nation.

That being said, it does look pretty freakin' sweet with the Lyrik. Glad you're stoked on it!

Ride.Recover.Beer.
    Nice!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast