mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Creaky Saddle on my new FSR Expert 29er, Warrenty?

My 2011 FSR Expert 29er has been great. However, the saddle has gotten progressively more noisy. One of the rails has enough slop where it attaches to the rear to creak loudly.

Going to stop by the shop tomorrow to ask about replacement. Does anyone know if Specialized would consider a noisy saddle to be a warrnety issue?

BTW, I know it's the saddle & not the seatpost because installing another saddle fixed the problem.
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

FKA Malibu412
    I use a spray dry-lube in mine -- put the spray tube right up in the rail receptacles and give them a squirt. Takes care of it for a couple rides at least. I just lube it when I lube the chain and other areas. Not a big enough deal for me to worry about a warranty replacement unless they replace it with different saddle or different brand and even then it could still be a problem as this is a common annoyance.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412
    I use a spray dry-lube in mine -- put the spray tube right up in the rail receptacles and give them a squirt. Takes care of it for a couple rides at least. I just lube it when I lube the chain and other areas. Not a big enough deal for me to worry about a warranty replacement unless they replace it with different saddle or different brand and even then it could still be a problem as this is a common annoyance.
    Well I've never had an issue like this with any saddle so I'm not sure it's all that common. My worry is that this is getting worse with each ride. It didn't really show up untill the fourth or fith ride, since then it's really gotten worse each time out.

The rail is loose enough that I can see & feel the slop as I flex the saddle. I think it'll just get worse. I'll report back after I talk to my dealer.
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just returned from the dealer and he did give me a new saddle under warranty. He said he was certain that the big "S" would agree. Nice