mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Couple Questions for a Newb

Hey everyone,

I just purchased an 06' Hardrock mainly for recreational use. I installed a cateye enduro 8 on the bike to keep track of the distance i ride. Problem is the chart for plugging in the wheel circumference doesnt have the tire size that comes on the bike. It goes from 26x2.125 which is 207cm circ, to a 26x2.35 which is a 208cm circ. The bike comes with a 26x2.20 size tire, i was wondering what you guys recommend i plug in for that figure?
    Also, while riding today i rode through some mud and wrecked my clothes, i was wondering what mud guards you guys recommend for this bike.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    just measure it out. sit on the bike and roll it on the ground one revolution. Best way to line up is to use the valve. More accurate then their estimates too.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by BenmanMTB
    just measure it out. sit on the bike and roll it on the ground one revolution. Best way to line up is to use the valve. More accurate then their estimates too.
    -I agree, measure it yourself. Wrap a string around the tire if you want and measure that...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks guys ill do that today.

just like a speeder-bike
    Quote Originally Posted by nycvr6
    what mud guards you guys recommend for this bike.
    Check out SKS products. I've got several of their fenders; I think the Shockblade and a few others. They're very well made, and the quick-release installation is great.

Humpmaster general
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkdog
    Check out SKS products. I've got several of their fenders; I think the Shockblade and a few others. They're very well made, and the quick-release installation is great.

As far as the fenders go, I make fun of all of my friends that have fenders.

your supposed to get dirty, sweaty and bloody.
    your moma's so ugly, one time she looked out of the window and got arrested for mooning

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hahaha, i dont mind being sweaty and bloody, but the dirt ill avoid if i can. Thanks for the help everyone! This forum is great.