mtbr member

Correct "Tune" for Fox shock for Pitch

I just placed an order for my new Pitch Comp and won't take delivery for another week but I had a few questions for the Pitch owners out there.

The first upgrade will be to swap the stock shock for a Fox RP23. There appears to be different "tunes" for the Fox shocks (medium, light). Does anyone know what type should be used on a Pitch? Any Pitch Pro owners out there know what "tune" their RP2 shocks are?

Second upgrade would be to upgrade the Pike 327 to motion control. Has anyone out there done it? Just wondering if its worth it.

Last question. Anyone know the weight of a stock 09 Pitch Comp in size large?

Thanks for the info.

Happy Thanksgiving!

mtbr member
    The rear shock should be a Medium compression/medium rebound tune. Mine is a low compression tune, but that only affects propedal when it's engaged (not in the open setting). I even checked with fox and PUSH to confirm. But I'd recommend the Medium/medium as it's what is recommended!
    It's a good time for good times

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Guess the shock question was answered... I have not done the motion control on my pike but have heard some like it and also hear its easy to put in if you are half way okay with using tools and going slow. There are a couple guides to doing it floating around the net some where.

Mine is a small and comes in just under 31lbs. I hear the med are 31lbs so I would guess the large is under 32lbs.

I would ride the X fusion for a bit before replacing. No since in dumping it right away unless you want pro pedal.

Nice choice on the pitch. I got my 09 comp about 2 months ago and love it. Kind of wish I had pro pedal but I don't even notice now. Will upgrade my x fusion when I destroy it.

Have fun with it and you will enjoy it for sure.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    09 Pitch Comp in medium wieghed 32 even out of the box.

I think there is a thread somewhere about the fork upgrade. Check Jensen for the dampre and springs.

On the propedal setting there are 2 or 3 different factory settings. The cans are marked with bars to show the tune. I would get the stiffest available. You can always set the knob to the lightest setting but if you get the light version and it is not enough your out of luck. Also depends on what type of riding you do.

mtbr member
    I'll order the medium/medium tune if that's what's recommended. Thanks for the info.