mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Control EL 29er wheels tubeless ?

Anyone running these tubless with Nevegals that I have or should I spring for some new 2Bliss Specialized tires. Thx. Killer Craiglist score by the way.

The Other Dude
    awesome wheelset! I am running the Purgatory front and Fast track rear on my single speed tubeless with no issues. And on my geared stumpy i am running the captain up front and the fast trak in the rear also tubeless. The specialized tires have been very good to me.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    jut8,
    Thanks. Are you running the 2Bliss series, Puragatory and FT with Specialized Airlock sealant or using Stans? Did you need a rimstrip with the Control El ? Everyone seems to mean something different when they say," tubeless ready," or "tubeless compatible." LBS is a bunch of roadies that really know nothing about the MTB world.

The Other Dude
    I am using stans on both them. The Control Series tires I am running are Tubeless Ready meaning all you need to do is all sealant and they are good to go. Specialized is doing a "GRID" series on their tires that does not require sealant to be ran tubeless. But i like the setup i have.

Your rovals should be have the Blue tubeless tape already installed, and all you should need is the valve stems. I have found that 1.5-2 scoops of stands, and some soapy water around the bead of the tire makes them snap right into place and seal up.

I did use the Airlock sealant once, and it worked ok, but since then they have come out with a new airlock formula that is supposed to work better, i haven tried it yet, the new cafe latex stuff is supposed to be good also.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net