mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Comment on price for 2008 Safire comp

Can people with knowledge in the industry or people that bought recently comment what I should have paid for a 2008 Specialized Safire Comp medium Black/Silver for my wife. I will tell you price I paid later but can people comment what I should have paid before taxes. I live in Florida as well... Thanks...

mtbr member
    I checked on the same bike for my GF at the LBS. The best they could do on the bike was $2,100 before tx. MSRP is $2,400 I think. I'm in Florida as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    well I got 2200 before tax and included upgrading to tubeless tires. I saw someone got it for 1775 because she bought another bike there 6 months ago but even if I bought 2 bikes the sameday they wanted 2100 each so I guess it is a good price and I get 3 tuneups for free and free flat repair for a year...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte772
    well I got 2200 before tax and included upgrading to tubeless tires. I saw someone got it for 1775 because she bought another bike there 6 months ago but even if I bought 2 bikes the sameday they wanted 2100 each so I guess it is a good price and I get 3 tuneups for free and free flat repair for a year...
    I'd say you got a good deal w/ the upgrades and service. $1,775 would be an absolute steal and I'd be surprised if that's not at or below dealer cost for a new bike. I was watching a used one on ebay, but the price got up around $1,900 and I quit watching. I saw one on the mtbr classifieds for $1,500, but it was sold by the time I contacted the seller. There are not that many used ones out there for sale.