mtbr member
    May 2010

Command Post Issues

Those of you with command posts...not the 2011 model.

I've noticed that my post has some up and down play in it, at every position. If I sit on the seat and bounce up and down a little, the post makes a clicking noise. When I examined it more, the post has some up and down movement in it.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing with their command post. Just want to see if this is normal or not.

Thanks

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    Mine I can "feel" the click, but only when the seat is all the way down and only with my hand (lifting by the back of the saddle). I first noticed it a couple of months ago while lifting the bike onto my hitch rack, and it hasn't gotten worse since.

I can't hear it, nor can I see it move. I definitely can't feel it while riding.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by thrasher_s
    Mine I can "feel" the click, but only when the seat is all the way down and only with my hand (lifting by the back of the saddle). I first noticed it a couple of months ago while lifting the bike onto my hitch rack, and it hasn't gotten worse since.

I can't hear it, nor can I see it move. I definitely can't feel it while riding.
    Doesn't really bother me when riding. I just noticed that it seems like it is getting worse. I'll continue to keep an eye on it.

mtbr member
    I noticed the same thing on my 2011 model... It's very slight, and doesn't really bother me, but it's there (mostly in the down position).

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfSailRide
    I noticed the same thing on my 2011 model... It's very slight, and doesn't really bother me, but it's there (mostly in the down position).
    Mine started out with it just in the down position and has moved to all the positions. So I'm thinking it is getting worse.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Got the same problem, but don't notice it while riding. I don't recall any movement when it was new though. Otherwise still works well.