mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Cloud Nine on 07 Stumpy Expert

I've not been terribly impressed with the Brain on the rear of my 07 Stumpy Expert. Does anyone know if a Cloud Nine will fit? I'm concerned with the outer diameter of the shock interfering with the inner diameter of the seatpost thru hole. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Don't know about the Cloud 9, but you can fit a Fox RP23 which most regard highly. I've had a 7.875x2.0 shortened to match the Brain dimensions, but there are others who've fitted that size unmodified. Gives a bit more travel in the latter case, and apparently is better paired with a longer travel fork (130, 140mm)

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks for the reply. I'd probably just buy a custom length Monarch from PUSH before I dropped the cash on a RP23 (unless I'm mistaken in the cost of a tuned RP23). The Cloud Nines seem to get great reviews and the price is very appealing - I'd like to rule them out prior to calling PUSH.

mtbr member
    The RP23 is expensive, for sure. I haven't tried anything else so I can't compare, but Specialized don't make it easy do they?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubbsy
    The RP23 is expensive, for sure. I haven't tried anything else so I can't compare, but Specialized don't make it easy do they?
    No sir. I will remember that next time I'm in the market for a frame too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Apparently Cane Creek cannot make a shock with the necessary eye to eye and stroke length (7.75x1.75). Awesome; thanks a lot for the proprietary shock Specialized. Should have bought a Ventana.

mtbr member
    You could try fitting a slightly longer Cloud 9, as a few people have with the RP23.

OSCMTB
    Won't fit, outer diameter is too big.