mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Cleaning the '05 SJ FSR Expert 120

I have the "flat black" version and I need to know what's the best way to keep it clean other than not riding it? Is there some kind of pre-moistened cloth that you can buy? By the way does anyone know if this "flat black" is actually ano? Thanks for your help

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm " A Clean Bike Is A Happy Bike"

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_E_Spastic
    I have the "flat black" version and I need to know what's the best way to keep it clean other than not riding it? Is there some kind of pre-moistened cloth that you can buy? By the way does anyone know if this "flat black" is actually ano? Thanks for your help
    I use "FINISH LINE Bike Wash" to keep my Black Anodized Stumpjumper clean, you can spray it on and wipe it off for a quick clean up, or spray it on and hose it off for a complete wash. Its 2 years old now and still looks brand new. Specialized lists the color for your bike as "Black", NOT "Black Ano" so I think it is painted and not anodized.
    Last edited by STUMPJUMPER FSR; 03-24-2006 at 02:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I have a black 05 S-works SJ120. Only the S-works models were anodized last year: black, gold and blue. The rest are painted.

punga!

bang
    just wipe it down with a damp or wet rag. rinse and repeat. if it's really caked in mud (why are you riding in the mud??), just hose it off. just make sure you dry everything, and lube when you're done. compressed air or wd40 would help in getting the water out of tight spots so things don't corrode.

mtbr member

Good job! Pedros Bike Lust

If you have a painted frame-I highly reccomend Pedros Bike Lust as a protector. It is a silicone based poish/protectant-I have used it the last few years on all my bikes-the stuff is ausome. Once you have it on the frame/paint cleaning the bike is much easier, helps in keeping the mud and grime from sticking on bike-and realy brings out shine in paint

mtbr member
    Another vote for the Pedro's, works great on my flat green Enduro.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

Weapon of Choice
    I have the 05 flat black powdercoat version too, Luckily at the local trail I ride most the time, their is a bike wash station. I just hose it with water; works for me. I have noticed the paint is real easy to scratch off and such. Most powdercoats are I guess?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I use pledge furniture cleaner after washing w/ dishwashing liquid. don't forget to lube after washing.