mtbr member

Chain drop on Enduro SL

I am having problems with my chain droping of the front chain rings on high speed studder bumps. Even if I keep it in the large chain ring it still drops off. I have all ready taken one link out of the chain. The rear derailleur is an XO and the springs are in good condition
    I want to keep the large chain ring, so I do not want to put on a chain guide.

Any suggestion?
    He who dies with the most toys, still dies

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by toytech64
    I am having problems with my chain droping of the front chain rings on high speed studder bumps. Even if I keep it in the large chain ring it still drops off. I have all ready taken one link out of the chain. The rear derailleur is an XO and the springs are in good condition
    I want to keep the large chain ring, so I do not want to put on a chain guide.

Any suggestion?
    mine was going all the way over and falling off the inside at the bb and small ring when rippen over nasty ugly crap. ------as long as i could keep pedealing i could keep it on ------but sometimes it would still come off when i stood still on the pedals.

so i went to a "Ronnie Ring" RonnieRing.com ----and this worked great when i would use three rings , -----what side are you pitching the thing ?

you can remove two links and still use your big ring -----this helps also .

mtbr member
    It is droping of the inside.

I am going to take a lok at that ronnie ring.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Chain tensioner option

toytech64,
    also check out this thread which they moved onto talking about chain slap and
    the tensioner alows you to keep 3 rings. It would also stop your chain coming off.

Enduro SL - ride impressions

Cheers
    Terry

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I put three 10 mm long Stainless Steel, Hex headed, 6mm X 1mm threaded bolts in the bolt holes next to the BB. This doesn't stop the chain from dropping off, but when it does, it keeps the chain from getting sucked into the space between the small ring and the BB Bearings. Then I can just gently pedal the chain back up onto the small ring. You also might want to drop the shock pressure down just a bit to get the rear more supple over the studder bumps.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Have you checked the length of your chain?

mtbr member
    Has anyone tried the Heim 3 Ring Chain guide.

Does it fit? That is my biggest worry. If it fits it looks like it will take
    care of my problem.

Thanks

Here is a link to it at pricepoint

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/134...hain-Guide.htm

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by toytech64
    Has anyone tried the Heim 3 Ring Chain guide.

Does it fit? That is my biggest worry. If it fits it looks like it will take
    care of my problem.

Thanks

Here is a link to it at pricepoint

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/134...hain-Guide.htm
    i have not used one nor have i ever seen one , ----it sounds interesting----( i would hope they would have an iscg mounting ----and not just under the cup mounting)

i would like to see if i could get just the roller ----------i generally have to make all my rollers and i would like to see the "taper" they incorperate into their roller !!

Wait, what!?
    A couple guys in on the site have them and really like them if I recall correctly. I was thinking about getting one myself, but will be going with the Straitline inner plate instead. I have dropped my chain one time, and am not too concerned about it happening enough to get a roller.

This is similar to the Ronnie Ring I would imagine, but I, being the nit picking little snob that I am, refuse to buy something from someone to cant figure out the right your/you're to use on his official product web site! Either would work for your application though, I think! Good luck!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PB Matrix
    I put three 10 mm long Stainless Steel, Hex headed, 6mm X 1mm threaded bolts in the bolt holes next to the BB. This doesn't stop the chain from dropping off, but when it does, it keeps the chain from getting sucked into the space between the small ring and the BB Bearings. Then I can just gently pedal the chain back up onto the small ring. You also might want to drop the shock pressure down just a bit to get the rear more supple over the studder bumps.

sounds daft but for me this little hint has just reminded me why i use this forum, absolutely brilliant, invaluable source of info, thanks PB matrix