mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Cassette for 07 Stumpy Elite

I have a chance to buy a new XTR cassette 11- 32. Issue is that the stock cassette is 11- 34. Will I notice a big difference and will the shifters and deraileurs be okay if I choose to pull the trigger?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Ral83178; 07-15-2008 at 08:21 AM.

ride ride ride
    Apr 2008
    they're the same size ... why do you ask?
    even if they're a different size it won't matter. your derailleur/shifting will be fine.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Sorry.. mis-typed it.

the stock cassette is 11-34 and the new one s 11- 32. is there a huge difference n the gearing?

ride ride ride
    Apr 2008
    32 is about 6% less than 34, so your lowest gear is a bit higher than stock.
    I run an 11-32 on my 08 stumpy because 34 is just too low, and I am quite happy with it. no adjustments required. slap it on, ride it.

mtbr member
    You'll be just fine, it's actually a better climbing gear if you like to stay in your granny.

My lowest gear is a 24-32. You've probably got a 22t for your front chainring. I've got a 32 pound Pitch, your Stumpy weighs considerably less (at least stock) and I have no problems whatsoever getting up and over any climb.

mtbr member
    11-32 is what most people use anyway from my experience. You won't notice much of a difference and the 11-32 is a few grams lighter so that's always a plus I guess too.
    07 Specialized Epic Expert