mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Carbon Handlebars for Stumpy FSR

Hello, Im in the market for some new carbon bars. I tried the easton haven carbon bars and wasn't too fond of the riding position. It feels too akward and not as comfortable as my stock specialized enduro low rise bars. I was thinking sworks carbon, pro taper 720 AM, or ENVE.

Any thoughts? By the way im 6 ft 3"

Less talk, more ride...
    Mar 2010
    I have the S-Works bars on my Stumpy 29er. Same dimensions as stock. Been on for about a year. No problems at all.
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er
    2012 Specialized Roubaix Apex Compact

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I have Easton Haven on my FSR and Ventana. Love them.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc
    2014 Surly Pugsley

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doedrums View Post
    I have the S-Works bars on my Stumpy 29er. Same dimensions as stock. Been on for about a year. No problems at all.
    I assume you've got it aftermarket,is that right ? Can you confirm the aftermarket come with a different graphic than the OEM ones ? Tried to get the Sworks seatpost for my Epic but the not OEM one is completely different and to me totally fugly..

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'm kinda leaning towards the ENVE riser bars, but their not as wide as my stock bars. ENVE riser bars are 700mm while my enduro bars are 720mm no big deal however. I like the crash replacement ENVE has also.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I put Spec sworks Prowess low-rise on my stumpy. 720mm, exact shape as stock bars. Not a bad price either comparing to other name-brands. I like 'em

Less talk, more ride...
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastazione View Post
    I assume you've got it aftermarket,is that right ? Can you confirm the aftermarket come with a different graphic than the OEM ones ? Tried to get the Sworks seatpost for my Epic but the not OEM one is completely different and to me totally fugly..

Yes, I bought it aftermarket. I'm not sure about the graphics on the OEM ones but mine has the red graphics. I think there are two version available now.
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er
    2012 Specialized Roubaix Apex Compact

mtbr member
    Im loving the Raceface Sixc bars on my stumpy. They are a tad wider than stock and have a great feel.

banned
    Sep 2012
    I love my Answer Protaper Carbon 720 AM. It's one of the few with a 2" rise which helps my old back out a lot. Also helped with my carpal tunnel issues some (amongst all the stuff I did for my CTS)

I liked it so much I transferred it from my Klein Mantra to my SJ - which somehow made the SJ a lot more comfortable for me.

-S

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Im going with the easton havens.

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpynerd View Post
    Hello, Im in the market for some new carbon bars. I tried the easton haven carbon bars and wasn't too fond of the riding position. It feels too akward and not as comfortable as my stock specialized enduro low rise bars,
    "I'm going with the Easton havens"

mtbr member
    I am looking for a carbon bar with the same exact dimensions as the stock bar that comes on the 2013 Stumpy alloy FSR Comp 29er. Just like the stiffer feel. Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hey Gnar, I would take a look at the syntace carbon vector bars they got a 10 year warranty. Syntace makes great stuff I recently got their P6 carbon Hi Flex seatpost.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I forgot the link.

Syntace

mtbr member
    I forgot the link.

Syntace
    Thanks, Stumpynerd. Where you the one who got your alloy Stumpy down to 27 lbs? Thought I remember that from another thread...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Nope that wasnt me. I ride an XL so i probably wont see 27 pounds any time soon

mtbr member
    Nope that wasnt me. I ride an XL so i probably wont see 27 pounds any time soon
    Looks like you are in Larame, eh? I am in Cheyenne but lived in Laramie for several years.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    My carbon Answer pro taper 720mm don't seem to soak the bump as my alum Easton Haven or carb Easton Havocs. I keep going back from the Answer to the Havens on my '11 Stumpy Evo. Answer is defintely more blingy
    Peace from Hell...

'13 Chromag Stylus
    '11 Specialized 29r EVO ht
    '11 DB Mission 2 w/Fox 36

bab74 on GORC

Urban Ninja
    Whisky Parts Co. Makes a carbon bar that I've been using for quite some time now. Not as expensive as Enve but pretty low weight. 740mm wide and weighed in at about 189g on my park digital scale. Took a few spills and have a few scratches on them and still they're holdin tough. They're a pretty cool company also..

For Sale: EPIC

Send it!

www.rayscyclebicycles.com

mtbr member
    Any carbon handlebar horror stories? They seem pretty strong/reliable but just curious.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Most of the horror stories I've heard have to do with ultra light bars and jumping.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Carbon bars on both my bikes and still have all my front teeth even though I try to jump around a lot.

-S

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPooz View Post
    Most of the horror stories I've heard have to do with ultra light bars and jumping.
    What's considered ultralight? You mean gram-wise?