mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm can't decide from 3 models - warranty replacement

Hello,
    I broke my SX Trail 2008 XL(21") size and I have 3 options for new frame:
    Sx Trail 2011 - but they make them only to L(18")
    Enduro 2010 - XL
    Sx Trail 2008 XL - like my previous
    According to competitive cyclist calculator I must ride(I'm 6'5"=197cm with 37"=93cm inseam):
    can't decide from 3 models - warranty replacement-fit-calculator-competitive-cyclist_1272444104213.jpg
    Sx trail 2011 L has:
    ETT: 617mm
    reach: 453mm
    stack: 594mm
    Sx trail 2008 XL hasI calculated it with http://bikegeo.muha.cc/)
    ETT: 638mm
    reach: 483mm
    stack: 602mm
    Enduro 2010 XL:
    ETT: 645mm
    reach: 477mm
    stack: 623mm
    Sx Trail 2011 has 180mm travel, SXT 2008 - 170mm and Enduro is 160mm
    My stile is climbing to the top and bombing down, but with 2001 18” I won’t extend my legs except with 450mm seatpost maybe. For that reason I changed my previous frame SXT 2007 L with XL 2008 - I also liked the bigger wheelbase (121cm)
    These measurement reach and stack is changing when the rider is on the bike - during the suspension sag is changing and I don't know
    After the frame braking I received my new 820mm Reverse Triple X bar but I didn't tried it - I know that it will virtually extend my ETT but only can imagine that.
    Is that anybody with such dimension rode these frames?
    Last edited by codename47; 09-30-2010 at 07:43 AM.

mtbr member
    I'll stick to XL options. Which is better for all around purpose - SX Trail 2008 or Enduro 2010?

Just Wanna Ride!
    Feb 2004
    Depends on how you felt about the SX. If you thought it was fun, but tough to pedal, then the Enduro, if you feel like to you need the extra beef to handle the aggressive riding you're doing, then the SX.

Personally - If the 08 SX was enough bike for you, then I'd lean towards the Enduro (sounds crazy, right?). The Enduro is a more capable bike than it was in 08. The newer model is leaning towards the older SX in terms of capability and geometry, but will pedal better than either of the SX choices. The Enduro might open up some rides that you avoided in the past due to the efficiency.

Even though they have improved the Enduro design considerably, it probably won't be as durable as the SX, so if you found yourself pushing the limits of the older SX, then I'd go with the 08.

Good choice to have to make!

mtbr member
    tnx sthrnfat,
    I saw that shock of Enduro is capable to hold 294lbs(134kg) rider:
    http://cdn.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/..._Manual_r1.pdf
    Don't know about Sx limits but I was not so impressed from it after cracking.
    Enduro has shorter chainstays 419mm vs 424mm on 2008 SxT and both are with the same 66.5 HA.
    PS. They have size chart here http://specialized.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/2310/ but i doubt 2011 Sxt will fit me.
    Last edited by codename47; 10-01-2010 at 12:56 PM.

mtbr member
    GO for the ENDURO.

If you like to pedal up and BOMB down, itŽs the perfect bike. Also it is quite big in XL and should fit you spot on.

The newer SX Trails are good for shuttling. They are super short/small and wouldnŽt go great with a tall rider for climbing.

Get the Enduro, youŽll love it!

Greetings Znarf

mtbr member
    tnx Znarf,
    I made a sheet with reach/stack of XL frames with 160-180mm travel: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...=CPTi5hM#gid=0
    The only frame with such reach like SX 2008 is Enduro. I think that's better for me even on DH section - I rode SX with 70mm Diabulos stem and It was better then 50mm, but that's maybe because of frame weight distribution.

mtbr member
    I had a 2008 SX Trail too. The babyblue one (or maybe it was a 2007, donŽt remember, but it was babyblue =) and size large.

I liked it, but the newer Enduro feels much plusher and does climb WORLDS better at the same time. Like shrtnfat says.

YouŽll especially love the steeper seattube angle on the new Enduro. YouŽll sit in a more pedal friendly position.

I just picked up my XL Stumpjumper FSR 29er 2011. SWEET bike and the fit is great. Really comfortable and controlled, but also efficient.

Greetings Znarf