mtbr member

Cane Creek Double Barrel on an Enduro???

I'm interested to hear if anyone has tried this setup. It was the Mountain Bike Magazine's "2006 Shock of the Year" The Fox DHX 5.0 is good, but I want to upgrade to a coil shock.

Sorry, I should have looked at the earlier posting...
    Just a lowly bike mechanic.

Specialized Enduro Expert w/ Double Barrel
    Specialized Gangster
    Curtlo Advanced Mountaineer

mtbr member
    I have one on my Demo 8.
    And I have ridden an SX trail with one and it is just incredible.
    It is about the best upgrade you can make.
    The way the compression works really keeps the bike from blowing through any travel.
    So, it takes a bike like the SX trail and makes it ride like it has more travel than it does.
    Plus, it is totally adjustable. They are totally worth it.
    SEI Racing

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy R
    I have one on my Demo 8.
    And I have ridden an SX trail with one and it is just incredible.
    It is about the best upgrade you can make.
    The way the compression works really keeps the bike from blowing through any travel.
    So, it takes a bike like the SX trail and makes it ride like it has more travel than it does.
    Plus, it is totally adjustable. They are totally worth it.

Thanks Jeremy! Do you have the Ti or Steel spring?

Specialized Gangster

The Other Dude
    I have heard nothing but good things about that DB shock. From what alot of guys are saying, that is one of the only "bolt on" coils that fit on the expert without clearance issues.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

The Other Dude
    Here was the BIG post on the Enduros and coil shocks:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...ht=enduro+coil
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Does Cane Creek make the proper spacer and bolt kit for the 06 Enduro with the DB?

Specialized Gangster

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eldogo
    Does Cane Creek make the proper spacer and bolt kit for the 06 Enduro with the DB?
    Yeah, they make it for you as far as I know.
    I had a ti spring on mine that I already had.
    It fits the same size spring as the DHX.
    SEI Racing

The Other Dude
    I think the Ti springs are the way to go. I used to run them on my CRF's, and they definatly made the rear shock feel better, i would assume the same would transfer over to mountian bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I am seriously considering the CCDB for my o5 Enduro. I just sold an 00 enduro that I had so I'm probably going to put that money towards a CCDB in April. From what I've read this is by far the best option for the Enduro because its one of the few that can be had in a 8.75 x 2.5 stroke. I might also look into an Avalanche chubie.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I run a CC Double Barrel steel spring on my 05 Enduro Pro and its great! performs flawless and CC sets it up to your weight and riding style right out of the factory allthough I made mine more plush when I got it because I use my Enduro for a mini DH/Freeride bike theyre pricy but very nice shocks with infinite setup possibilities.

( you will need the bushings direct from specialized for the shock because the bushings from the air shock dont work your local shop can get them)

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    i have a double barrel on my '06 Enduro. I ordered a 9x2.75 and it fits great and works perfect. i did this to bring my back end up to match the front after i put a Marzocchi rc2x on, its a much taller fork with more travel than the fox 36. i love the shock and highly recomend it. also cane creek sent me the bushings for the front end of the shock and the rear worked with the orginal bushings.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich
    i have a double barrel on my '06 Enduro. I ordered a 9x2.75 and it fits great and works perfect. i did this to bring my back end up to match the front after i put a Marzocchi rc2x on, its a much taller fork with more travel than the fox 36. i love the shock and highly recomend it. also cane creek sent me the bushings for the front end of the shock and the rear worked with the orginal bushings.
    For everyones info, the reason the stock busings from an 06' Enduro work is because the 06' came with a fox rear and the 05' came with a 5th Element rear. So if you have an 06' the stock bushings work and if you have an 05' you need to order the fox stock bushings form Specialized or get the grinder out.

mtbr member

This is Hams Bike with the new fork and rear Double Barrel
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Good job! Awsome!!!

That's just what I wanted to see!!! I'll call Cane Creek to see what they would recommend as far a spring weights (Ti or Steel) for my fat ass!!! Thanks for the photos and input!

Specialized Gangster