mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Can you identify this model of Stumpjumper?

I've just agreed to buy a Stumpjumper Pro Carbon. A seller claims this 2007 Stumpjumper FSR Pro Carbon was purchased in the US. California to be exact, and is in it's original state.

The trouble is the colour and spec differs from both the UK and US spec.

I've contacted Specialized who couldn't really confirm anything. Here is a link;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_964wt_1055

The 2007 version of the FSR Pro Carbon was similarly specced but was black and red her in the UK and so I'm led to believe, was the same in the US.

What's more the frame on the one on ebay also sports a FACT 10M Carbon sticker, which as we all know should only be on an S-Works model!

Similarly, it has Mavic 819s instead of the standard DT Swiss 4.2s...

I've searched all over the internet for images but have any of you guys ever seen a Stumpy in these colours and does anyone have an explanation as to why a humble Stumpy would have been made out of 10M carbon?

Is this normal procedure in the States?

Thanks, in advance but I'm really not sure whether I'm getting ripped off or alternatively looking a gift horse in the mouth!

mtbr member
    If memory serves, the first Specialized mountain bike to have 10m carbon was the 2009 S-Works Epic. Although his description states 9m carbon.
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    PM,

Thanks for that. He sent me a photo of the sticker and it definitely says FACT 10M Carbon!

When I spoke to Specialized they just said it may have been put on by mistake.

Having been sent better photos, it all looks legitimate. But I'm curious as to the 10M carbon, the different rims and the unique colour, which in better photos is metallic gold, with a metallic brown and bright orange.

And there was me thinking I could identify most later Spesh models...!

The other thing is, I've always thought the Spesh archive was kind of water tight but if there are other models in different colours with different specs kicking about in the US...

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pop_martian
    If memory serves, the first Specialized mountain bike to have 10m carbon was the 2009 S-Works Epic. Although his description states 9m carbon.
    10m carbon has been used since 2007 all all S-Works bikes; Stumpy, Enduro SL, Epic etc

In terms of the spec and colour it's possible those parts could have been changed
    It looks legit to me

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Cheers SDK. Looks a nice clean example in the other shots I've seen.

I'm wondering if the original frame was exchanged under the crash damage scheme and this was put on instead?

Still doesn't explain the garish paint job, though.

It's 1250 here in the UK. That must be nearing US$1800. Putting aside the ID problems, does that represent good value in your terms?

I'm trading in my 2008 Stumpy Expert, you see and hopefully getting something approaching the 1250.