mtbr member
    Mar 2006

New question here. Can I possibly fit a XL Specialized Epic? I'm 6'

I can get a good deal on a XL sized Epic from a friend. He is taller than me and I'm wondering if there is any way I can make the bike fit/work for me. Is there sizing info anywhere online for Specialized bikes? I can't find any.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Doubtful. The geometry charts are on the Specialized site.

A poor fit is a bad deal no matter the price.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr dismember

Maybe

I'm 6'2" and after getting a new XL Stumpjumper I realized my L Epic is too small for me. I now find it extremely uncomfortable to ride. Try the bike. If it is too big then you can buy mine

Bike to the Bone...
    I'm 5'11" and have a XL Stumpy, and replaced the 110mm stem for a 75mm and it works fine.... I don't know how the Stumpjumper sizing compares to the Epics'.... It might work, or it might not, could you test ride it?

mtbr member
    Test ride for sure.
    I am 6 foot even and demo’d a large Epic Comp last year, it was completely stock.
    My current rides are a large (19) Slayer and Kula Deluxe.
    The Epic had a relatively short stem, and the cockpit felt very cramped to me.
    You might be able to pull it off, especially if you have longer than average legs (I don’t).
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2
    2013 Trek Stache 8
    2011 Giant Defy Advanced 0

Bike to the Bone...
    Forgot to say... I did demo a Large epic when I bought my Stumpy... I prefered how the XL Stumpjumper felt, but the epic wasn't bad... I tried a L stumpy and it felt short....

mtbr member
    I'm 6' and ride a L Epic. I definately couldn't and wouldn't want to be on an XL and try and move the thing around. The L is perfect for me.

That said, the other posters are absolutely correct: get yourself down to a Specialized dealer and try one out. Demo one for a day and take it on familiar trails if at all possible. Then make your choice. Most places I've demo'd from will let you swap bikes at half day for the same price.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

MTB B'dos
    I'm 6'2"+ with a 35" inseam and ride a 22"/XL Trance, but feel a 20"/L could also work for me, more so on tight twisty type trails. I think the XL is a comfortable size for me and makes long rides and DHs easier and more fun. Try to get a test ride of it or at least of someones XL bike.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics