Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Can an FSR handle a Fatty?

926 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  lmckee 
#1 ·
Alright, Ive posted in the clyde forum with little result.

I am looking at a full suspension bike, I like the FSR XC comp, as it fits in my budget.. allbeit at the upper end of it.. but anyway.

Im 6'7" 295 currently. Will be at 265# 'shortly' :rolleyes:.

Can a good shop set this bike up for my weight, or am I wasting my time with a Full Suspension bike?

I cant even think about getting on a floor model bike, as I bottom the things out by just sitting on them.. :eek:

Looking forward to this addiction. :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance for your time/advice

#7 ·
What about splitting the difference and getting a Pitch Comp MSRP $2050? It's beefier than the XC or the SJ, and you're going to be losing the weight of the bike anyway, so the extra 5-10# isn't going to matter.

Or find a nice used 05-06 Enduro 150mm (overbuilt long travel Enduro prior to the new Enduro SL models).

I'm 6'1 230 on a 2003 Enduro Expert 130mm, large

- $0.02

#8 ·
Not sure wether this helps or not but I have an 08 fsr xc expert and at the time of purchase I weighed 260ish(235 now). The only thing I had to do was get the stiffer spring for the fork which I do recommend. I'm pretty hard on stuff and the bike held up great for all the abuse I gave it. The only problems that I've encountered was a broken seat and I lost the rebound on the rear shock. I just bought a new seat and the shock was repaired under warranty. I have a buddy with a comp that weighs 300ish and he has no problems whatsoever. They are great bikes, you should be very happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.