mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Camber Pro Vs. Stumpjumper Fsr Elite

I Am Trying To Figure Out What Bike I Should Go With. Currently I Ride A 09 Stumpy Fsr Elite W/ The Talas Forks Set At 120mm.i Wanted Something Faster So I Ws Leaning Towards The Camber Pro But Then The Lbs Said To Get The Stumpy Instead. Other Than The Brain (does That Really Help Alot?) And The 20mm Diff. In Travel, M4 Vs M5 Ame, Im Not Sure What To Do Now. I Do Do Like Jumping, But I Do Wnna Go Fast As Well. Will The 20mm Make That Big Of A Diff. Especially With The Brain? Any Feedback Is Appreciated. Thanks

Is it Friday yet?
    Where are you? What kind of riding do you do? When the LBS said to go with the Stumpy, what was the reason they gave you?

You're going to get mixed feedback on the Brain, btw...it's a love it or hate it kind of thing.

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sound Solutions
    I Am Trying To Figure Out What Bike I Should Go With. Currently I Ride A 09 Stumpy Fsr Elite W/ The Talas Forks Set At 120mm.i Wanted Something Faster So I Ws Leaning Towards The Camber Pro But Then The Lbs Said To Get The Stumpy Instead. Other Than The Brain (does That Really Help Alot?) And The 20mm Diff. In Travel, M4 Vs M5 Ame, Im Not Sure What To Do Now. I Do Do Like Jumping, But I Do Wnna Go Fast As Well. Will The 20mm Make That Big Of A Diff. Especially With The Brain? Any Feedback Is Appreciated. Thanks
    Sorry, But I'm Trying To Figure Out Why You Are Capitalizing Every Word In Every Sentence......

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    "Id go with the Stumpy" is all they relly said. Its mainly bc the Camber is a 2 yr old Stumpy frame at a ''budget price''. I actually ordered the Stumpy this morning BUT its on backorder until Feb. from Specialized. I guess I have more time to think about it or decide on something else.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD33
    Sorry, But I'm Trying To Figure Out Why You Are Capitalizing Every Word In Every Sentence......
    I'm Actually Not Sure Why It Did That. Took Along Time To Write This Sentence As Well.

mtbr member
    "Id go with the Stumpy" is all they relly said. Its mainly bc the Camber is a 2 yr old Stumpy frame at a ''budget price''. I actually ordered the Stumpy this morning BUT its on backorder until Feb. from Specialized. I guess I have more time to think about it or decide on something else.
    Backorder until february....where are you located?
    I was in my local shop yesterday and the guy there was showing me on specialized's dealer site how many SJ FSR's in pretty much every model and size is in stock in specialized's west coast warehouse.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike
    Backorder until february....where are you located?
    I was in my local shop yesterday and the guy there was showing me on specialized's dealer site how many SJ FSR's in pretty much every model and size is in stock in specialized's west coast warehouse.
    I'm in Houston.Maybe my size and color? I'll check again.

mtbr member
    Tough decision as they are basically the same part build and cost. Personally, I would stay away from the brain. It belongs on XC race bikes, NOT trail bikes. You lose the suppleness and rear wheel tracking with the brain on rough terrain, don't let anybody tell you otherwise. The ideal setup IMHO is to get a camber and throw a 140mm travel adjustable fork on the front, a short stem, and wide bars. That will slacken it out more than the stumpjumper so it descends and jumps great, but you can still drop the travel down so it climbs super well.

Is it Friday yet?
    I'm in Houston.Maybe my size and color? I'll check again.
    I'm in Houston too. Call West End Bikes and ask them to call the regional rep to see if there are any available. At least then you'll know.