Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Calling all 2011 Stumpy HT 29ers....

Hi,

I'm busting a gut waiting for my Stumpjumper S-Works 29er HT to arrive. Has anybody received theirs or any other 2011 HT yet? I'm looking for photos to relieve my new bike cravings!

Cheers
    JS

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

The wait is brutal...

My LBS thought only a couple more weeks until I see my 29er S-works HT frameset. I hope he is right but i'm not holding my breath!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I ordered back in September, and was originally told around New Year's for delivery.

Patiently waiting for 2011 S-Works HT 29, also; afraid to ask my shop for an update because I don't want to hear "March".

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The dates have been getting pushed back. If you were lucky to get in the first shipment, last I heard was Feb. Here's to hoping! I've got a green frameset on order. I'll jump ship and get a regular red/white one if those come in first though.

My wife's red/white 26" S-works HT did show up a while back.... a bit early even. So maybe we will all get lucky too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Feb for my frameset.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Just before Christmas my bike shop said I could expect my frameset late Jan early Feb.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I'm still distracted by winter sports so my frameset's arrival isn't driving me mad...yet!

I'm using time and money to cache the parts required for my build in the corner of my small shop. I have another thread detailing that build, how are you building yours?

Mine will have a 1x10 (38T by 11-36) transmission. The remaining components will fall into place.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    The online dealer site lists a couple dozen 2010 19" HT complete bikes coming in early Feb. The 2011 framesets and bikes are all over the calendar depending on size and color. Some framesets are listed as early as the beginning of March to the as late as June. Most of the complete bikes are listed as early March.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by norty_mtb
    The online dealer site lists a couple dozen 2010 19" HT complete bikes coming in early Feb. The 2011 framesets and bikes are all over the calendar depending on size and color. Some framesets are listed as early as the beginning of March to the as late as June. Most of the complete bikes are listed as early March.

Is this reliable info? Specialized is still shipping 2010's?! I find that hard to believe...

If it's true, which I doubt, then my 2011 complete bike may not be here until halfway through the race season?!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LilGasPasser

Is this reliable info? Specialized is still shipping 2010's?! I find that hard to believe...

If it's true, which I doubt, then my 2011 complete bike may not be here until halfway through the race season?!
    The best and most reliable answer is have your LBS that you ordered from log in and check.

The 2010 was a mistake on my part. I looked quick on the dealer site for the status of the 2011 bikes and put down they were slated for early February but then went back and edited my post to 2010's and it should have read that the 2010 19" are in stock and they probably arrived long ago. Gotta quit multitasking.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Yea, they have a TON of 2010 19" completes. Obviously a huge mistake was made. At this point, you think the would have pulled them apart and used the XX groups for other bikes... maybe sold the frames off, or something.

A couple months back they have like 40 of them in that size.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I don't know why they make as many as they do. THEY should build them on a 1:2 ratio, for every one purchased make two more for potential sales.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I just ordered my 19" tonight! I had a 2010 model that I hated to sell but wanted the carbon wheels and brain fork. IMO the 2010 is a much nicer looking bike, not that the 2011 us ugly, just liked the arched frame on the 2010.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Congrats on the order! What kind of delivery date "estimate" did you get?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Actually didn't get an eta. I will get one tomorrow as I had ordered a set of carbon wheels and forgot to cancel so need to give them a call.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartyBiker
    How are you building yours?

Mine will have a 1x10 (38T by 11-36) transmission. The remaining components will fall into place.

S-Works cranks with XX rings. XTR 2x10 for remainder of the drivechain. Slowly building a stack of component boxes in the corner of the bedroom.

Still got to decide on the wheels. Crest 29ers and ZTR hubs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Had to ask.

I'm a huge Spec fan and own several but I'm looking for any edge possible. For this season I was planning on this bike as my only race bike. However, has anyone considered the new Scott Scale carbon 29er? I have no experience on that bike but the reports are that it is a bit lighter and a bit more comfortable, well less harsh, to ride.

I really wanted to ride one before I ordered but I don't think there is any chance of that. Can you tell me what you factored into your decision to go with the Stumpy?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Both the Scott and the Spesh are going to be brilliant bikes but I decided that I wouldn't notice much difference between them so ... this is going to sound really sad but I'll say it anyway!

The decision came down the colour!!!

(If youíve finished laughing!)
    I've had two all black bikes in a row and the Scott didn't appeal, whereas I think the Spesh Flo Yellow is pretty darn cool.

The other is the brand. Iíve been a fan of the Big S ever since my first Stumpy M2. Iíve had some nice bikes since but for the last 6 years I've missed that bike and I thought it was time to get reacquainted! Scott as a brand doesn't appeal to me in the same way - but thatís just me!

So sorry no concrete performance enhancing reason for my choice! Iím buying the bike mainly with an aim of racing and the brain tells me the Scott may be the marginally better bike but I went with the heart on this one.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I really like the Scott but for me it was;

loyalty to LBS
    carbon wheels
    brain fork

in that order

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I picked up my 19" 2011 Stumpy Evo on Tuesday, I only ordered it on New Years Eve so really lucked out with the devivery. Hopefully weather and visitors permitting, I can do a short ride this weekend, until then it's just sitting in the garage

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPH KID
    I just ordered my 19" tonight! I had a 2010 model that I hated to sell but wanted the carbon wheels and brain fork. IMO the 2010 is a much nicer looking bike, not that the 2011 us ugly, just liked the arched frame on the 2010.

Ok, stopped back at the shop today and canceled the S-Works order. I have been contemplating FS for a while now. I turn 44 tomorrow and decided its time to pamper myself a bit. So full susp it is, ordered an Epic Evo 29er. With the money saved I will be updating to the carbon wheels, XX cassette and maybe a few more bits.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I ride my 21" 2011 Stumpjumper Comp 29er since september 2010 ... got one of the first in europe

FIRENZE rulez !!
    Can somebody explain me differences 2010-2011 model ?

I h ave just received a lite used 2010 expert carbon ht frame 29er

Started to build this morning...

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    There are a lot of changes.... the frames were totally redesigned. The head tubes are shorter and now use a standard tapered fork. The BB is PF30 instead of the previous OSBB. Thinner seatstays on the 2011 bikes, 27.2mm seat posts. The Expert and S-works bikes now come with Rebas that have Brain dampers installed.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    I have tapered headset too in mine

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast