View Poll Results: Has your triad given you problems?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hate it!

4 15.38%
  • No, I love it!

20 76.92%
  • Not enough time to tell

2 7.69%
    mtbr member

Is buying a SJ FSR a mistake?

I am in the market for a good trail bike and thought I had my mind made up on a Stumpy, but now that I have read a bunch of posts in this forum about rear shock problems I am not so sure that is what I want. I don't know much else to say. I love the geometry of the stumpy and the triad shock seems rad testing it in the LBS parking lot but if it is having all sorts of problems I am not so sure I want to deal with it.
    Last edited by kadeater; 03-08-2006 at 09:32 AM.
    [SIZE="4"]`..><((((>`..`..`...><((((>`..`..`...><((((> `.. `.. [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Common problem on the 06 Triad is stuck down. Shock compresses but doesn't fully return. With my Triad, I blew a seal. Both issues are easily fixed by a rebuild from Fox.

I absolutely love my Stumpy. There is no other bike on the market that I would rather have for this price. I have friends asking me for bike advice and the Stumpy is always number one on the list of recommendations.

memorable member
    I'm comin off a truth. Trust me, buy the stumpy. I could go on and on.

Bike to the Bone...
    The Stumpjumper FSR is one hell of a ride. It has beautifull handling, it looks are awesome, and I think that the issue of the rear shock is a Fox flaw that affected all of Fox line, not just the triad. And anyway, I think that's fixed, or if you get a bad shock, Fox should take care of it...

mtbr member
    May 2004

stuck down syndrome

Yup, my triad got stuck on the first ride out (06 base stumpy FSR) and that was pretty frustrating, but that was more of a fox problem not specific to specialized or the stumpy itself, and I have to give it to them: they did take care of me.
    After that, no problems, love the bike, love the shock.
    P.s I think your poll should just ask if people have had trouble with their shock, not whether they love it or hate it as those are not necesarily tied together.

mtbr member
    kadeater, I did think of one negative attribute to the Stumpy: It makes you want to ride much more than previously

Weapon of Choice
    Im a bit new to the bike, but It rides like a dream over rough terrain, no problems with Fox schock yet. couldn't be more happy about the bikes performance.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    I have noted it sits closer to the ground. I am catching the pedal on stuff way way way more than my hardtails. maybe since I gained 30 lbs I need to pressurize the triad more.
    on the 05 model i have noted no sticky probs w/triad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumbee1
    kadeater, I did think of one negative attribute to the Stumpy: It makes you want to ride much more than previously

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    i just got one last friday and i'm stoooked. really only gotten one good ride in on it so far but it rides like a champ. do it ... do it .... buy one