mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Buying Advice 2011 Hardrock Sport Disc 29er

Hello ,
    I hope I posted this question in the right place. Iíve been looking to get a decent mountain bike and start riding with my friends. They ride mostly groomed trails and some paved. Nothing to technical or extreme. Today a guy I work with offered me his Silver 2011 Hardrock Sport Disc 29er for 200 dollars. He bought it to ride and never ended up taking it off road. It looks brand new. What is the value of a bike like this? I see new they retail for around 600 dollars but I wasnít sure what a used one would go for. Is 200 a fair price for this bike? Anything I should look for on the bike as it is used? Should I buy it?
    Again if this is in the wrong section, or prohibited I apologize
    Nez

mtbr member
    Good starter bike. If the frame is the right size for you, go for it.

Sent from my mountain bike while crashing
    Please donate to IMBA or your local chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I have a 2011 Hardrock Sport Disk 29er that I bought new for $700 so I'd say that's a good deal. I love my bike but it is a "starter" bike with lower end but very functional components. The weakest part is the fork, it's not great - not horrific either though, much better than the XCT that they come with now. I replaced a Costco 26er mountain bike with it and I've loved riding it this past year and half. I plan on keeping for a while as it seems to be all the bike I need.

I've upgraded mine more than I probably should have. I put BB7 brakes on because adjusting the BB5s was driving me to drinking and I replaced the fork with a Reba (Father's day gift) and that has been fan-friggin-tastic! I also replaced the grips with ODI Rogue clamp on grips and the pedals with some generic metal platforms with pins. I also had to replace the saddle because I broke a rail with my fat butt. I keep hoping the tires will wear out because they're slippery when it's wet but they seem to be indestructible.