mtbr member

Brain Transplant

I recently rode my roommates 2008 Epic Expert and was really liking the AFR shock with brain fade. I myself own a 2009 Stumpjumper FSR 29er, which as you know, has the Fox Triad as a rear shock. My question is, if I were to upgrade the rear suspension sometime in the future, would putting a brain with a Specialized AFR shock on the 09 Stumpjumper FSR 29er be a viable option?

I already know there are no mounts for the brain on my chainstays, but is there any way to achieve this or has anyone already successfully done this? Thanks for your help.

-----------------------
    09 SJ FSR 29er

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    i tried to get an 06 stumpjumper brain shock, but no luck, specialized will not sell it without a serial number off the bike. since mine was a comp, i was SOL. thats what i got from a well known shop.

i was going to make custom brackets for the reservoir out of Aluminum and use Ti hardware.

mtbr member
    Best bet would be to do the frame upgrade program. Specialized will give you 20% off of retail if you trade in your old frame. Talk to your local dealer. That's how my next frame will be purchased.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    is this for exact frames? for example stump to stump or would i be able to upgrade ie

stump to an enduro.

Members who have read this thread: 0